Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I am fully convinced now that Women's tennis is bigger sport in US than Men's tennis.
I think for some time now.
US Men's hasn't been interesting since the Golden Era of Agassi, Sampras, Chang, and Courier.
The only thing interesting about Andy Roddick is his wife. :LOL:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes but I mean to say that even without the WS and Osaka, Women's tennis seems more popular than men's.
I think that's yet to be determined. The user above is exaggerating about the amount of publicity that the women's final got vs. the men's final here (roughly 90% of the sports ink over the past week was dedicated to the NFL/NCAA). If Osaka never returns, Coco ends up flopping, and no new talent emerges women's tennis and men's tennis will be in the same (terrible) place here.

In a world where the WS are retired and suddenly Tiafoe wins a slam you will see this reversed very quickly.

·
Registered
117,164 Posts
They both became stars. 2 teens, new faces and no Serena to take all the attention
Andreescu won this major but the story was Serena. Here the story is the 2 teens

Reactions: Oladesuo

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think Sharapova will be at the Met Gala as well, I wonder if we'll get a group photo with them (+Osaka). :cool:

I believe Serena and Venus are also in NYC right now but not sure they're attending.

·
Registered
8,480 Posts
I think Sharapova will be at the Met Gala as well, I wonder if we'll get a group photo with them (+Osaka). :cool:

I believe Serena and Venus are also in NYC right now but not sure they're attending.
Serena, Venus and of course host Naomi will be there. Sharapova is in NY so won't be surprised if she's there too. It'll be a very tennis-heavy Met Gala this year!

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Serena, Venus and of course host Naomi will be there. Sharapova is in NY so won't be surprised if she's there too. It'll be a very tennis-heavy Met Gala this year!
Is it confirmed that Serena and Venus are invited? And Sharapova being there doesn't mean much.

• Haha
Reactions: Seven Lines

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is it confirmed that Serena and Venus are invited? And Sharapova being there doesn't mean much.
Serena particularly has attended many times in the past so it would not be a surprise to see them there. And I'm not much of a Sharpie fan but it would be a pretty iconic photo if all 6 of them were snapped together (doubtful lol).

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Serena particularly has attended many times in the past so it would not be a surprise to see them there. And I'm not much of a Sharpie fan but it would be a pretty iconic photo if all 6 of them were snapped together (doubtful lol).
It would be iconic for sure but I don't think tennis players will mingle at a party just because they are tennis players and I am damn sure that if both Serena and Sharapova are the party, they will keep distance from each other (given if they are invited. The invitation changes from year to year).

41 - 60 of 101 Posts