Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
Emily drew Ana Konjuh first round :sobbing:
She is the last match on Court 15 today :)
Let's hope she does well in Doubles :lol:
Even if she somehow managed to get past Konjuh, Ali Black (who in FQR beat a girl who has won 5, yes 5 10Ks this year, and 9 including doubles :eek:) and then Lottner would be an almost impossible task :(

Her and Anett may edge a seed for Doubles, but I doubt it :(

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
Emily lost 6-1 6-1 :(
In Doubles with Anett, they have a good first round but in the second they have arguably the best team in the draw in Townsend/Andrews :sobbing:
I hope they can make it competitive :)

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
Hard luck Em.

Good luck in doubles :yeah:
Anett and Em won 2 and 2 :cheer:
Next they have very very tough opposition though, in Townsend/Andrews. They beat Allgurin/Peterson 1 and 0 :tape:
Anett + Indy beat them in 3 tough sets :sobbing:

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I wouldn't count them out, but it's hard to see them winning. A lot will depend on Kontaveit. If she's on, then they have a chance.

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
I wouldn't count them out, but it's hard to see them winning. A lot will depend on Kontaveit. If she's on, then they have a chance.
Don't underestimate Emily though :)
Anett had had no success at all in Doubles except a Runner-Up at a 10K with Maret Ani, who made SFs Aus Open once. Also here is a report on Em by croat123:

First off, Fanning isn't a bad player. She fought hard, came into net a lot and really tried to make a match of it. Unfortunately for her, Ana's game was just too good. Great first serve, decent second serve (although it needs work), strong groundstrokes (great backhand) and a great ability to turn defense into offense. I really liked Ana's attitude. The second set could have easily been 6-3, but Ana refused to let the other girl win the big points.

Ana was the best of all the junior players I saw today (uberlova is extremely overhyped).
I think it can be competitive. We will now see just how good Anett/Emily are as they have never lost more than 4 games in a match together :D

Here is the full match of Em playing Doubles in Repentigny :)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25009156

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
Em is last on Court 4 in Doubles with Anett :)
Because they are playing such High-Profilers there could be some media coverage and an Interview if they win :D

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
Anett and Em lost 6-4 7-6 :hug:
It turns out they had Set Point in the Second, but Anett missed a return and she then got broking serving for the set :sobbing:
Anyway, still a great performance and I hope they can get them next time :D
I really hope these two play doubles again as they have done really well together, only losing 1 match and that was against this years Australian open Champs :lol:

Here is Anett's Facebook update on the match :)
Unfortunately lost our doubles match today 46 67. Despite the loss we had a lot of fun with Emily and we will try to play together again when we have a chance.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Anett and Em lost 6-4 7-6 :hug:
It turns out they had Set Point in the Second, but Anett missed a return and she then got broking serving for the set :sobbing:
Anyway, still a great performance and I hope they can get them next time :D
I really hope these two play doubles again as they have done really well together, only losing 1 match and that was against this years Australian open Champs :lol:

Here is Anett's Facebook update on the match :)
That's more than a decent effort, I hope they do team up again. Well done girls :)

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
Emily is probably now in Colombia training on clay for her next tournament in Pereira :)
She is the First Qualifier but she will get in MD :)
I hope the transition won't be too difficult :scared:
Anyway, a realistic goal for her is to get a Top 1000 Ranking :)
BTW what happened to Tanya Samodelok??? I read an article about how Emily lost to her at SLP 10K but the said she used to be one of New Zealand's great hopes :eek:

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
In the first round, Emily will play Dutch Qualifier Jade Schoelink :)
If she can get past that one, she has to play against Laura Ucros, the player who lost Rnd 1 to Townsend 3 and 3 in the second round after she beat the 5th Seed from Kazakhstan :)

She has a wonderful shot at the QFs :cheer:

Sadly she isn't playing Doubles :(

I wonder how she will react to the Clay??? She doesn't seem to have much experience, which will definately make her Rnd 1 more difficult (this Girl has basically only played on Clay, and beat Top 300 player Aleksandrina Naydenova of Bulgaria in a Ducth 25K Qualifying in 3 sets :scared:

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
Tanya plays for Russia. She pops up at 10ks radomly, not having much sucess.
Shee seems to be doing well here :)
I really hope New Zealand can get some good players after Sacha betrayed you :(
I don't like disloyal people :)
Maybe New Zealand can do some sort of WC Exchanges which could benefit Emily, like give 2 of the QWC to for example Canada and Mexico, and then she could get QWCs to Quebec City and Acapulco :) That would work really nicely :)
Anyway, let's focus on Emily getting her ranking back here :D
I am disappointed she isn't playing Doubles as she would have received a ranking for just playing :)

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
Emily lost 6-4 6-4 :hug:
This is not at all a bad result given her opponent and the surface :)
I hope she can do better next week :)

·
Registered
37,356 Posts
Quite unfortunately, Emily didn't get a qualifying or MD WC to Auckland which shocked me given half the Qualifying Draw was filled with NZL players much worse than her :shrug:

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Any news??

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Just announced she is heading to Florida State University to play college tennis!

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Emily is back :eek: :cheer: Playing 10K Evansville Q this week, easily won her first qualifying match 6-0 6-1. That said, Gail Falkenberg is playing Q with her as well, so not exactly high standards :lol:

Never seen her, but sounds like she has a clever gamestyle. Wonder if she has finished college and is getting onto the pro tour, or just taking the chance to play an ITF near her.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts