:d*

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Maria is still just too inconsistant at times... But for a 16 year old, she's amazing. I'd like to have her on my provincial team in the 16 and under :p

Congrats Émilie!!! Good win!

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
wow, i'm speechless. wha a poor loss for sharapova. i know loit is really good and even gave serena a lot of trouble at AO but i really thought masha was ready for the next step. if she had gone out to capriati i wouldn't have minded because then she would of at least had the experience of playing a top 10 player.

i'm not taking anything away from loit, i didn't see the match but i can believe loit was playing great.

so sad for masha :sad:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Loit is so crafty! She kept putting some nasty slice on her shots and Masha doesn't like to bends those long legs...

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Emilie even had an injury right!?? Poor Masha she just didn't have the fire tonight. The grunting wasn't really there until the 2nd set but its a great learning experience for Masha. Maybe she was itching to get out and play all day that she lost her energy. ;)

Emilie is mighty tricky player though.

·
Registered
16,772 Posts
I am glad Loit won! I like Maria! But her agent is pushing her into the spotlight too fast. It's better in the long run for Maria's career NOT to become a bigger star right now. And a match with Jen would have brought her a whole new level of attention in the US.

Besides, Maria has to learn about the Loit-type opponent. As Clumsythief said, she needs more experience against various types, and she got a good dose tonight.

Congrats, Emilie! Hope that leg will be okay against Jen!

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
Gowza said:
wow, i'm speechless. wha a poor loss for sharapova. i know loit is really good and even gave serena a lot of trouble at AO but i really thought masha was ready for the next step. if she had gone out to capriati i wouldn't have minded because then she would of at least had the experience of playing a top 10 player.

i'm not taking anything away from loit, i didn't see the match but i can believe loit was playing great.

so sad for masha :sad:
Loit wasn't playing great. She was playing smart. She really knows how to frustrate a baseline power game. Sharapova could use a little more variety in her game.

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
:unsure:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.