Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after her match today Emilie Loit annonced her retirement. She’ll play her doubles matches then hang up her racquet.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090524_151633_e-loit-annonce-sa-retraite.html

E. Loit annonce sa retraite

Emilie Loit prend sa retraite. (L'Equipe)Eliminée d'entrée par Timea Bacsinszky (4-6, 6-4, 6-1 en 1h58) dimanche, Emilie Loit a annoncé sa retraite en conférence de presse. La 117e mondiale (29 ans) disputera encore le tournoi en double avant de quitter définitivement les courts.

Trentenaire le 9 juin prochain, la native de Cherbourg a expliqué avoir pris sa décision « il y a quinze jours » . Elle souhaite pour le moment « savourer » et ne pas parler de ses prochains objectifs, même si elle évoque des ambitions professionnelles «proches du sport». Classée 27e mondiale au sommet de sa carrière en avril 2004, la Française a également fait partie de la campagne de Fed Cup victorieuse en 2003, «un de mes meilleurs souvenirs avec ma victoire au tournoi d'Acapulco». Quittera-t-elle le circuit avec des regrets ? «Non. Même si ça fait melon, je suis très fière de ce que j'ai accompli dans ma carrière.» Elle disputera le tournoi de doubles aux côtés de Christina Mladenovic cette semaine à Roland Garros avant de ranger définitivement ses raquettes.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Tati has confirmed:eek::sad::sad:

·
Premium Member
28,048 Posts
NOOOOOOOO:bigcry::crying2::sad:

She was always my fave...I will miss her sooo much:awww::crying2:

On the other side, it was expected, her results was poor, but she is 29 i think, she still can play few years:awww:

·
Registered
663 Posts
It would have been nice to make the announcement after a win.. maybe she can do well in doubles, I hope. I'm sure she'll have a lot of coaching opportunities after retirement.

·
-
26,864 Posts
Emilie :sad:
It was great to have her on the tour :hug:

·
Registered
32,945 Posts
:awww: Bye bye Emilie :hug:.

·
Registered
12,900 Posts
sad but not too surprising

i remember when she nearly took out tauziat in paris indoors 98 before making a huge breakthrough in 99 at oz open beating c.martinez en route to 4th round. she's had a good long career and a very nice game which will be missed.

·
Registered
39,554 Posts
She had a few really nice matches in her career, but the last few years have been quite modest at best. Good luck for whatever you plan next Emelie!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,625 Posts
She still was a tricky player on her 'on' days.

Good luck in the rest of your life Émilie!

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Émilie :hug:

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,470 Posts
Very nice player with a lot of touch. Great on clay. Can't question the timing really and the fact that she lost probably makes it easier to say goodbye in a way. She was always a clever player tactically so I would think see would make a very good coach.

All the best in the future Emelie. :yeah:

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts