Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The amount of tennis videos on Facebook has increased lately and the quality is better too, so please admins take this into consideration.
Also the gifv format and mp4 of hd looped videos from Imgur wouldn't be too hard to embed. These are far better than the old gifs.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts
Best thing to do is start a thread about this and get the community's input. If everyone seem keen on the idea, we can look into it and bring it to the mods to see what they think.

Niall

·
Registered
14,694 Posts
Do you really need to create a special "gifv" embed tag?

Just remove the "v" and put the rest of the imgur URL in a normal image tag (IMG) that should work fine

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Do you really need to create a special "gifv" embed tag?

Just remove the "v" and put the rest of the imgur URL in a normal image tag (IMG) that should work fine
But when you do that it converts the image back to .gif format, decreasing quality and increasing file size significantly.

Support for .gifv or .webm would be nice, specially now more users browse TF via mobile. Gfycat turned a 97 mb gif I saw here on TF into a 684 kb .webm video.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts
From what I can discover, the version of the site software we use won't support gifv. Would require upgrading to a more current, and a lot less stable, version. Sorry guys, no can do at the moment

Kevin

·
Registered
38,807 Posts
From what I can discover, the version of the site software we use won't support gifv. Would require upgrading to a more current, and a lot less stable, version. Sorry guys, no can do at the moment

Kevin
What about the embedding of facebook videos mentioned in the OP, I'm sure that wouldn't require a system upgrade?

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts
Hi there. This is not possible, unfortunately. Videos posted on Facebook are typically linked to personal accounts so there would be privacy settings that would prevent this from working. At this point, video content linked from YouTube or Vimeo are your best bets for site compatibility.

Cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
38,807 Posts
Hi there. This is not possible, unfortunately. Videos posted on Facebook are typically linked to personal accounts so there would be privacy settings that would prevent this from working. At this point, video content linked from YouTube or Vimeo are your best bets for site compatibility.

Cheers,
Erik
YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter content is also linked to personal accounts, so what makes publicly shared Facebook content so different? :confused:

Edit:

EMBED FACEBOOK BBCODE v3.10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts