Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Good luck Els! She was so close against Serena at Wimbledon last year!

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
So now she's up against Serena... who barely made it against Emilie Loit!
What do you think, guys - does Els have a chance? I, too, remember how close she was to beating Serena last year... :eek:

I think (read "hope") she could surprise everyone... if only she would start believing in herself... :( :) :)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
She came close at Wimbledon 2002, let's hope she'll come even closer now (i.e. win :devil: )

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
COME ON ELS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
She has to think of what worked against Serena last year and watch a tape of Serena's match today. I'd love to see Els serve Serena a loss... Wishful thinking I guess...

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I think Els can make a suprise in Melbourne, because she won her 1r pretty easy and Serena is really out of form at this moment, and in Wimbledon it was very close so.... :D

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Serena will be ready, I would have given Els more of a chance if Serena crusie through today

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Unfortunately, I think Wongqks is right: Serena got a warning by Loit today, she will be concentrated and ready next match...

But we can still hope for Els to suprise us all;)

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Freewoman33 said:
When was the last time Els won a title?
WTA singles: none
ITF: Minneapolis $50.000 in 2002

WTA doubles: Birmingham in 2002

But Els has beaten Serena before:

2001 US Open, R16, Callens/Rubin def Williams/Williams 6-2 4-6 7-5 :worship:

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Gras is not hard court!! And Serena had a serious warning today! I hope Els has a good match ... that already would be nice ;)

Go Els :bounce:

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Serena doesn't like Els' game...but it still would be hard to beat her in a Slam... And yesterday she got a warning...she won't need a second one...or will she? :bounce: Go Els! :bounce:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts