Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
9,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen her play at all? Does she seem like all she needs is a bit of time and experience to break through? How old is she?
After all the discussion about her this week I have become very curious about her. I know there is no guarantee that she should become successful just because her sister has been. But in tennis, siblings have been known to also do well.
With Kim and Llyeton so close to her, their gmes should be rubbing off on her and the same could be said of Jocelyn (sp) Hewitt.

· Registered
4,423 Posts
tennnisfannn said:
Has anyone seen her play at all? Does she seem like all she needs is a bit of time and experience to break through? How old is she?
After all the discussion about her this week I have become very curious about her. I know there is no guarantee that she should become successful just because her sister has been. But in tennis, siblings have been known to also do well.
With Kim and Llyeton so close to her, their gmes should be rubbing off on her and the same could be said of Jocelyn (sp) Hewitt.
I really don´t think, that Jaslyn Hewitt will enter the Top 150 someday.
Elke Clijsters maybe.
Not every brother/sister of an sucessful player is sucessful too.
Stella Sampras, Steven Capriati, Carl Chang, the sisters of the Jensen brothers ;) for example.

· Registered
28,845 Posts
I have never seen her play, quite quite frankly I am sick to death of people bagging her out! (especially because of the Leipzig wild card fiasco :rolleyes: ) :mad: Just because her sister is Kim, doesn't mean she is going to be a top player.
But just imagine the pressure that she is feeling - to be as good as her sister.

I am a huge fan of Elke, and hopefully one day she will get to the top :)

· Registered
2,989 Posts
Elke is more talented as Kim, but she doesn't have the character (stamina) of Kim and she's a bit injure prone.
She plays tennis more beautiful as Kim, comes to the net a lot, but sometimes, she really can use a new head!:eek:

· Registered
26,637 Posts
Kimmie's_Boy said:
I have never seen her play, quite quite frankly I am sick to death of people bagging her out! (especially because of the Leipzig wild card fiasco :rolleyes: ) :mad: Just because her sister is Kim, doesn't mean she is going to be a top player.
But just imagine the pressure that she is feeling - to be as good as her sister.

I am a huge fan of Elke, and hopefully one day she will get to the top :)
Jeannie Evert and Patrick McEnroe faced the same problem years ago. You're right about the pressure. (And that the Leipzig situation is a fiasco). Personally, I've tried to "Lei" most of the blame where it belongs IMO. And sorry, Kim, but to basically rob Anca of that WC was wrong, and YOU could have told Papa not to demand a "package deal". You wanna be Number 1, show some leadership qualities! :rolleyes: (And the tournament could have called Lei's bluff given that Kimmie needs a warmup B4 Moscow and said "Nein"). I only hope that the rising Belgian without "family ties" (Kirsten) not only pounds Elke on the court, but eventually Kim as well. (Then maybe Lei WILL carry out his past implied threats to move the family elsewhere).

· Registered
8,954 Posts
different people have said different things. i haven't seen her play but i've heard that she has more talent than kim. but i've also heard that she'll be lucky to reach the top 200 in her career.

jaslyn a couple of years ago was doing ok, she got to a couple of wta maindraws through qualifying but has drastically dropped off. someone told me that jaslyn has the same sort of game as her brother, a counter puncher with no real weapons and i also heard that although she is quick around the court she isn't the quickest. but look where lleyton is.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
well let´s just say that we won´t be seeing Kim and Elke facing each other in a GS final any time soon. 18 years already and yet to do much of anything....not good, not good. She´s just playing off her sister´s fame.

· Registered
2,866 Posts
About Elke playing off her sisters fame.
While she probably does get some advantages having Kim as her sister I think it balances out with the negatives ( pressure, expectation, extra publicity. )

Im sure she just wants to make a career for herself, BY HERSELF.

As far as I'm concerned best of luck to Elke.
( It is a shame for Anca not to get the WC in a way. Can't believe Germans wouldn't keep it in their country. Lets just hope Elke does something good with it.)

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Im not so sure, I dont think she got it like Kim has it, they are not going to be the new Venus and Serena, more like the John and Patrick Mcenroe.

· Registered
13,564 Posts
As Elke already said before: Elke has more talent than Kim.
I live in a town close to Bree and the rumours years ago were that there were 2 great tenniskids in Bree and that the youngest girl was even beter that the oldest. The thing is that tennis has changed a lot last years and power became more important. Elke is smaller than her sister and doesn't have those muscles.

If she trains good and stays healthy she will have nice carreer but I don't see her in the top20

· Banned
907 Posts
When I heard Venus had a sister, everyone was saying exactly the same bad stuff about her that you're saying of Elke. Or worse maybe. She didn't play shit and was making a tennis career out of Venus's name. Well look where the little sister is now

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.