Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
18,442 Posts

She is top 10 now and won the biggest title in her career beating Kerber and Wozniacki on the way. Regarding this thread, she might not win the 4 grand slams because that's tough as hell even for all-time greats but this year so far she has showed she at least have the potential to win 1 or 2 GS titles in her career. She does have a great mentality, work ethic and good enough game to achieve big things.
Well, she already won the Dubai slam... so only 3 more to go.

Well, she has a fan in me now :D

Love this ambition :D
Blonde ambition tour 2017.

:eek:h:

·
Registered
13,741 Posts
I never understand why people get upset, when players say this. If you don´t believe in yourself, nobody will. Almost nobody gets into the top 100 in the world without a competitive nature from the very beginning in their youth. That has been their mindset and goal for almost a decade: to one day win a Slam and be #1. This mindset is what got them this far. Who cares how realistic it is. You give your best, thrive for the maximum and then you see what the end results will be. In case of Svitolina it´s already a P5, top 10 and a few million dollars.
Exactly. People are quick enough to criticise when they feel players aren't very motivated but when someone aims high they aren't happy either. She may not achieve this lofty goal but there is nothing wrong in having it.

Reactions: Exordes

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
Without bashing - what Slams do we think she could actually win? She doesn't seem to do well on grass (you need to have a more attacking mindset? Why Wozniacki does so poorly?)

AO is probably her best bet - slow court where she can push the ball back (and attack where necessary). I think Wimbledon for reasons above and I think the US Open is too quick for her so she will be blasted off court. She seems to do well at RG sometimes too... so maybe that after AO?

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
Elaine has set her goals and she will do everything to achieve them. :bigclap:

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
By vulturing an MM, after playing both Doha/Dubai, and a week before IW. No, she will not win majors. If she gets her schedule figured out, doesn't burn out, all the goats and legends retire.... than yes, she stands a chance, like many others...

·
Registered
21,363 Posts
They were always considered threats with heavy games who could develop into Slam contenders, as they did. Svitolina on the other hand is a counterpuncher, a Kerber kind of career would be a success for her. She can always get a Bartoli Wimbledon draw though.
18 months later that doesn't look too bad :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The way she's been playing over the last year or so, I'd give her as good a shot as some like Radwanska or several others in the top 10...

·
Registered
16,449 Posts
Not going to happen sweetheart. If La Borz couldn't push her way to a slam title, iryou won't either. :wavey:
To be fair, Wozniacki was in 2 Grand Slam finals. She didn't get lucky to run into a Serena having a bad day at the office. Otherwise, Woz would be holding a slam too.
Errani also was in a slam final. Remember?

·
Registered
23,016 Posts
To be fair, Wozniacki was in 2 Grand Slam finals. She didn't get lucky to run into a Serena having a bad day at the office. Otherwise, Woz would be holding a slam too.
Errani also was in a slam final. Remember?
she def should have hit more than the grand total of 4 winners back then i suppose rather than hoping for shitrena to show up to even have half of a chance. pushers don't win slams, that's a certain... :shrug:

·
King
28,652 Posts
As people have mentioned up-thread, she does appear to be he most disciplined and diligent workers amongst all of the young guns, who has actually made continual (if slight) improvements to her game over the past couple of season.

But her game is ridiculously uninspiring and innocuous, and she'll never be a star, so again, the WTA is onto another losing thing here.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
I applaud her ambition and wish her well in her career. OTOH I don't see the benefit in publicly announcing one's overarching goals. :shrug:

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
Ambition is a good thing.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
121 - 140 of 167 Posts