Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
12,279 Posts
Dream,Dream,Dream! Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action - late Dr.Abdul Kalam:worship:

Go Svitty:cheer::cheer:

·
Registered
37,708 Posts
At least in my opinion I think Elina has a little bit more punch than Kerber (a better first serve and a more aggressive mindset). Whether that translates into Grand Slams or not is certainly anyone's guess.
She may have a better career than Kerber. Who knows. Depends on how much she improves. None saw Halep's rise coming before Rome 2013. Just saying.
Yeah not saying that I can't be wrong and she does become a multi-Slam champion, you never know.

Reactions: Haseo.

·
35,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

She is top 10 now and won the biggest title in her career beating Kerber and Wozniacki on the way. Regarding this thread, she might not win the 4 grand slams because that's tough as hell even for all-time greats but this year so far she has showed she at least have the potential to win 1 or 2 GS titles in her career. She does have a great mentality, work ethic and good enough game to achieve big things.

·
35,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
in this weak era? hell, why not? :spit:
The new generation will be luckier for sure. No prime Serena to deal with. :lol: However, I don't think it's fair to say that their future achievements won't be deserved or won't be impressive. After all, they didn't chose to be born in the 90s (and after that) to avoid prime Serena. :lol:

·
Registered
31,724 Posts
I never understand why people get upset, when players say this. If you don´t believe in yourself, nobody will. Almost nobody gets into the top 100 in the world without a competitive nature from the very beginning in their youth. That has been their mindset and goal for almost a decade: to one day win a Slam and be #1. This mindset is what got them this far. Who cares how realistic it is. You give your best, thrive for the maximum and then you see what the end results will be. In case of Svitolina it´s already a P5, top 10 and a few million dollars.

·
35,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I never understand why people get upset, when players say this. If you don´t believe in yourself, nobody will. Almost nobody gets into the top 100 in the world without a competitive nature from the very beginning in their youth. That has been their mindset and goal for almost a decade: to one day win a Slam and be #1. This mindset is what got them this far. Who cares how realistic it is. You give your best, thrive for the maximum and then you see what the end results will be. In case of Svitolina it´s already a P5, top 10 and a few million dollars.
Preach. Well said.

·
Registered
23,016 Posts
The new generation will be luckier for sure. No prime Serena to deal with. :lol: However, I don't think it's fair to say that their future achievements won't be deserved or won't be impressive. After all, they didn't chose to be born in the 90s (and after that) to avoid prime Serena. :lol:
elina probs should start thinking how to beat either prime masha/vika/petra (even tho that's not a thing right now) before serena (and not even that's a thing anymore :lol:)
anyway, i wasn't impliying the future GS winners to be downplayed by any means as winning the big ones always should be considered a tremendous achievement, but there def are concerns to what the tour is developing right now when quite a bunch of marquee players of the most recent years are missing for whatever reason but not for retirement.

·
35,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
elina probs should start thinking how to beat either prime masha/vika/petra (even tho that's not a thing right now) before serena (and not even that's a thing anymore :lol:)
anyway, i wasn't impliying the future GS winners to be downplayed by any means as winning the big ones always should be considered a tremendous achievement, but there def are concerns to what the tour is developing right now when quite a bunch of marquee players of the most recent years are missing for whatever reason but not for retirement.
I get where you are coming from. Tour certainly will be better when both Vika and Masha come back.

·
Registered
24,986 Posts
this thread makes me laugh.

what do people want her to say?

"my main goal in tennis is to reach the top 20, win a couple of challengers, and if i'm lucky, maybe i'll make the semi finals of a tournament like shanzhen or casablanca" ???

·
Banned
2,345 Posts
I respect her dreams and wishes it is all fine, but please no basic pushing multislam winners!

However I am pretty sure she will win more slams than Woz/Aga/ Halep combined, but that again isnt too much complicated, you need just one slam. :D

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
She just won a P5, got into top 10 and has wins over players like Serena or Kerber. But she has much to work. I don't know if she can win all 4 but at least 1 she can win if she improves. It's admirable she has goals like this.

101 - 120 of 167 Posts