Registered
23,559 Posts
i think she is christian

·
Registered
591 Posts
space_gracie said:
Hi guys!

I'm just curious... What is Elena's religion? I don't have any idea and I just want to know. I hope someone can answer my question.:)
Russian Orthodox! :angel:

·
¡Davai!
14,076 Posts
Swiss Ivo said:
Russian Orthodox! :angel:
yes 'cos she is russian :lol: :lol: or maybe she does'nt have religion or believe in any 'cos a lot of russian doesn't believe in anything of that(don't de mad at me if this is not tru but my teacher of hystori comment this to me ;) )

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Unlike a lot of players, Russian and otherwise, I've never seen Elena wearing anything like a cross or whatever that would advertise her religious beliefs. Given the fact she's Russian, Orthodox or nonreligious would be good guesses.

Her grandparents on one side live in Riga, and so there might be some ethnic Latvian ties in her family somewhere, in which case she might be Lutheran or Catholic.

My guess is given her private nature we're not likely to hear a whole lot about Elena's religious beliefs, though, so we can just go on speculating forever.

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
15,125 Posts
well she is a Goddess her self ,so pointless to worship anything else

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
she was born during the communism, the communists are atheists, so...

·
Registered
2 Posts
IMO the question should not be about Elena's religion but if we are prepared to make Elena our religion; our Golden Goddess. I am. Anyone else?.
Les

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
rheumaKai said:
she isn´t a moslem girl
Offcourse not what's that for kind of bollocks? :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, Elena doesn't wear her religion on her sleeve so the only thing we can do is speculate. Some kind of Christian is probably right, but religious views were squashed and forgotten in Russia and many generations grew up with no religious identity at all.

I didn't grow up knowing much or anything about Russian Orthodoxy or Protestantism, even though I didn't grow up behind the Iron Curtain. you just have your New Years tree that becomes a Christmas Tree in the states.

·
Registered
31 Posts
norge said:
Well, Elena doesn't wear her religion on her sleeve so the only thing we can do is speculate. Some kind of Christian is probably right, but religious views were squashed and forgotten in Russia and many generations grew up with no religious identity at all.

I didn't grow up knowing much or anything about Russian Orthodoxy or Protestantism, even though I didn't grow up behind the Iron Curtain. you just have your New Years tree that becomes a Christmas Tree in the states.

But MASHA though Russian wears Cristian signs like cruse(spell check)..?

·
Registered
453 Posts
It's weird :rolleyes:
Sorry but vast majority of those who posted just have no idea on the subject...

The topic is rather intimate I'd say - do you stll think we are all robots obeying the authorities? or fashion for that matter - so I for one don't think it's for discussion. Anyhow the Russian Orthodox would be the answer nearest to truth...

Btw, I can understand norge's way of thought but it's not true, sorry.
Don't judge by press releases and bad history-textbooks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
100% ortodox church

Is is a pity you have so little knowlegde about russian culture and society - some of the posts show ignorance.
Elena is in the Ortodox Russian Church, and not showing any crosses or similar things doesn't prove non-believing...

·
¡Davai!
14,076 Posts
wkryst said:
Is is a pity you have so little knowlegde about russian culture and society - some of the posts show ignorance.
Elena is in the Ortodox Russian Church, and not showing any crosses or similar things doesn't prove non-believing...

WTF were you waiting for??????????????? we don't live in Russia how the hell you want us to know if we do not live in there, we don't have to know why????????????????????????????????? I mean Russia is not even in my continent(But I love Russia a lot really) so why should we know :rolleyes:.

Like PituBellyButton said about Lena being born in the comunism and as far as I know or what I've been teach is that they were/are atheists.

So you are assuring that Lena is in the Ortodox Russian Church, she told you that or what????????????????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dani dementieva said:
WTF were you waiting for??????????????? we don't live in Russia how the hell you want us to know if we do not live in there, we don't have to know why????????????????????????????????? I mean Russia is not even in my continent(But I love Russia a lot really) so why should we know :rolleyes:.

Like PituBellyButton said about Lena being born in the comunism and as far as I know or what I've been teach is that they were/are atheists.

So you are assuring that Lena is in the Ortodox Russian Church, she told you that or what????????????????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I also know the religion of President Bush, and he neither told me nor I live on his continent. When I do not know something I try to read... that the secrect.
No hard feelings !
But for me it is still so difficult to understand how people use sterotypes than facts...

It is also strange what you say about communism and atheism. It is worth stressing that the church played a key role in collapsing the communism. And in some countries, treated as former communist, the atheism level is... ca. 1%

·
Registered
178 Posts
Small historical review :lol:

Russia has always been very religious country (Christianity - Orthodoxy :worship: :D ). The "communists time" lasted only for 70 years (and Russia exists for more than 1000 years :D ) and couldn't destroy the whole culture. And even during the soviet times many people still believed, although had to hide it.
Soviet goverment tried to grade the Russian church cause communism was kind of religion itself...

As about Elena... Hard to say. Probably her family was not very religious and so she is - the fact that she is not wearing cross... But I don't know exactly. It's an interesting question :confused: , try to find out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts