·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Won R1 doubles and mixed :yeah:

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
^ Only in front of cameras...
If you're talking about Lena being nice, then that's not true. There were no cameras around, I met her after a practice session.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Mixed SF :D

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
They had to withdraw because Paes is injured :sobbing:
So close :hysteric:

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Auckland R1 vs. Rybarikova :bounce:

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
She beat Magdalena 3 and 2, who was a WC. I have to mention I was very disappointed with the WC allocations in NZ. We only have 1 wta tournament in this country, and also only 1 ITF for women (no futures for men, 1 ATP). And while I like both Magdalena and Virginie, neither of them should be getting WCs into a tournament in Auckland. They are neither drawcards nor are they "the future" of tennis. Also, I knew neither would do well in the MD. I would have preferred to see a Kiwi girl get some court time. Of course she would probably lose to Elena, but that wouldn't have bothered me at all. The qualifying WCs were even more disappointing. They gave them to the first alternates instead of local girls. Rampre, Feuerstein, Puig. The one that they did award to a Kiwi was to Emily Fanning, who learned a lot in a 3 and 4 loss to Keothavong. And we have a few girls who can beat Emily. Heck, Leanne Baker who is a coach these days beat Emily 1 and 0 in the residentials semi. Too bad there wasn't enough support in this country for Leanne to keep playing either (she retired at 25 and is still only about 30- of course Ellen Barry's retirement at age 21 is even worse).

Anyway, rant over.

Vinci next for the newly brunette Elena.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Hmm, I wasn't sure about it at first, but seeing her play in the doubles, I think she looks pretty good with the new hair colour.

4141 - 4150 of 4150 Posts