Tennis Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2280 Posts

Β·
Registered
499 Posts
There are plenty of coaches in WTA who shouldn't be there at all. Ryba's coach Vukov is one of them. This guy somehow managed to form a patrimonial authority on her and he is benefiting now over this relationship.

Before the pandemic, Rybakina was calling him for a pep talk in every 2 games in all matches even if she was in a comfortable lead. She couldn't act or move anywhere without taking an approval from her coach Vukov. There are plenty of videos that shows this highly asymmetric relationship. This is not because she can't manage tension of the match, this is because she is used to play like that!

However face to face coaching is not allowed now and Rybakina is losing all important games and points for she is not able to solve the problems alone. If a player can not close out her matches 3 times in a row (alexandrova, bouzkova, putintseva) if a player is losing all important points during important games (alexandrova, halep, bertens) than surely this is a coaching problem for not preparing a player mentally!

Bajin, Vukonov, Tursunov, Sumyck type of coaching should end as soon as possible since they drag down the quality of WTA tour as well as preventing players to realize their potentials. these guys are just meatheads and can only be fitness trainer or hitting partner for players, because they are not intelligent, they do not let players or create opportunities for them to solve their own problems during the matches. because these narcissistic coaches create a giant image of themselves on the minds of the players, players are so dependent on them so they can't fire them easily.

Whereas
Coaching demands not only technical knowledge but also intellectual capacity, knowledge on tactics and strategy, moderation, a proper world view and theory of tennis and most of all openness to convert all potential of a player into a reality.

Look at Muguruza's peak after getting rid of Sumyck (none of her slam successes were with the help of Sam), look at Osaka's development after Bajin!

Thank god, women coaches who can form a real bonding with players are proliferating in wta. Conchita,Zaniewska are two good examples among them. Wonder how long will it take Elena to realize that she needs a real professional coach like these two women or at least like Fissette too. Otherwise new Sabalenka is on the horizon than a new Lindsay Davenport!

Β·
🐟🐟
4,722 Posts
From the way you treat others with disdain and your feeling that you are smarter than anyone else, it was easy to tell you are a gambler (who, by a coincidence, lost a bet on Lena in her last match).

You are a potato who offers bets for a few bucks on the internet. No one cares what you think. You can go elsewhere to call yourself a hardworking genius.

Β·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Let's go Lena ! time to bounce back in Strasbourg !

hope she will forget that disapointing loss against Yulia...

Β·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Strasbourg 1R: (5) Rybakina def. (Q) Minnen 7-5 6-4
Lena started slowly almost every time
threw a service game with DFs, moved slowly especially FH side and hit errors on important points
but somehow fixed right before losing the 1st set, saving a SP and won 4 games in a row from 3-5 to 7-5
2nd set was close too but Lena won decisive break in last game
totally, Lena sometimes hit flashy winner but committed too many errors
needs better performance to go deep here (and Roland Garros)

Β·
🐟🐟
4,722 Posts
The ballkid at the net got a bit scared, as if he didn't know that Kazakhstan's space program is safe πŸš€

"I didn't really think about the score, because I had so many ups and downs during the match," said Rybakina afterwards. "I was rushing a bit, so I'm just happy I won today. I can't say it was my best tennis, but I played much better in the second set than in the first - but still, I was up then she came back. Overall, it was a difficult match."

"I'm not in the same form," she admitted afterwards. "I'm just trying to play as many matches as I can. But it's getting better with every match, so I think I can find my rhythm."

Β·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Strasbourg 2R: (5) Rybakina def. Cornet 6-3 7-6(8)

Today Lena started better than previous matches
In the 1st set, she didn't face even a BP

Lena struggled so much in closing a match
She had 1 MP in 5-3* of the 2nd set, 2 in *5-4 and 2 in the tiebreaker but couldn't convert
It was clear that she got so tight in MP in SFM, she became too passive or hit wild error
I thought Lena would repeat bad defeat of Rome 3R against Putintseva when she was broken SFM at *5-4
and faced Alize's SPs, 1 in 5-6 and 1 in TB (2-*5 behind in TB)
but this time Lena saved them with strong form
finally she won this match with unreturned service in 6th MP

Alize also showed good fight in later of the 2nd set

Β·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Strasbourg QF: (5) Rybakina def. (Q) Zhang Shuai 6-3 6-2
best performance from Lena after tour resume
especially her service was clicking except one loose service game
she won SFM finally

Β·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Strasbourg SF: (5) Rybakina def. Hibino 6-3 6-4
happy Lena shows clear sign of regaining her form though she beat only lower ranked players
another routine win, Lena held all her service games
but I wasn't so satisfied with Lena's performance as this score suggests
she hit flashy aces and winners while do many errors too

Β·
🐟🐟
4,722 Posts
The majority of Lena's losses are against big hitters and power junkballers. Trying to beat her with consistency and intensity seems to be quite difficult and it won't be any easier when, on top of that, you hit the same ball all the time like Svito does.

In other words, Lena will win because she is BOSS πŸ‘

Β·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Strasbourg F: (5) Rybakina lt. (2) Svitolina 4-6 6-1 2-6
tough to comment about this match...
at least good match considering very cold, windy and rain delayed situation
Svitolina raised her performance clearly in later final set, that is the biggest difference from top 10 or top 5 players
Lena had 5 BPs in the first game of final set but couldn't convert
but I think the outcome would not have been changed even if Lena had won one of them

Β·
🐟🐟
4,722 Posts
Lena knew her A-game wouldn't be effective in the heavy conditions (and she also clearly followed some tactics), so she just switched to playing as a patient counterpuncher as if it was as easy as choosing a different character in a PC game. Those who say she is talented might actually be onto something πŸ’ͺ

A week ago, she looked a bit tight on the court and could be heard loudly shouting things including profanities(!) πŸ₯° and today she is back standing on the podium with her usual calm demeanor. Good job πŸ‘ I like both. Trophies and profanities.

β€œI rushed a bit in the third set. I lost a few games very quickly. I can serve a little bit better and make some better decisions,” Rybakina said. β€œIt was so tough to play today because of the cold."

β€œIt was the same for both of us. We had to fight and try to do our best.”

GOAT reaction to one of Lena's winners ❀

Β·
Registered
2,416 Posts
is it me or I feel that she doesn't go enough for big shots? against Svitolina, she was often just counter-punching. Needs to be more aggressive.

Β·
🐟🐟
4,722 Posts
is it me or I feel that she doesn't go enough for big shots? against Svitolina, she was often just counter-punching. Needs to be more aggressive.
The way she played in the first set today, how passive she was, it was totally uncharacteristic of her. Under normal circumstances, when the temperatures are way higher than 6Β°C or whatever was today, she hits a bigger ball and shows no regard for human life on the other side of the court πŸ’ͺ

Β·
Registered
2,026 Posts
2020 Roland Garros draw
3rd quarter

--------
(8)Sabalenka v Pegula
Kasatkina v (wc)Tan
Hibino v (Q)Kostyuk
Diyas v (30)Jabeur

(21)Brady v (Q)Tauson
(Q)Niculescu v Collins
Kuzmova v Kr. Pliskova
Zidansek v (11)Muguruza

(14)Rybakina v Cirstea
Ferro v Watson
VΓΆgele v Tig
McHale v (22)Muchova

(26)Vekic v (Q)Bara
Van Uytvanck v Peterson
Babos v Bogdan
Samsonova v (4)Kenin
--------

Β·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Roland Garros 1R: (14) Rybakina def. Cirstea 6-0 6-3

1st MD win in Roland Garros for Lena β™₯
Lena was almost flawless in the 1st set
Sorana showed more resistance in the 2nd but totally Lena was better especially in close service games
but her service is worring yet
hit no less than 6 DFs in the 2nd, threw a service game with 3 DFs

Sorana plays in very similar way as Elena
very unlikely to beat Lena doing that

2261 - 2280 of 2280 Posts