Tennis Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 2081 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
(7) Rybakina def. (3) Mertens 6-4 4-6 6-2
big win for her, best win since the one against Garcia in St.Petersburg 2018? (in opponent's ranking, except Simona's retirement)
but she needs one more win here

Full match:
Code:
http://vod.wta.aka.oss1.performgroup.com/wtatvcmsvod/ElenavElise20200109-0.mp4

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
It was similar to the match against Goerges in Luxembourg last year. Lena started pretty strong, then missed a few chances, the negative attitude creeped in, and her focus has changed from the right things to something else. No wonder both opponents (especially at this level) were immediately ready to grab the opportunity without waiting for Lena to finish the chat with her inner perfectionist. At this point I should probably say something like "she should work on it", but, as a fellow perfectionist, I know it's not THAT easy 🍀 Anyway, she handled it the best possible way by coming back as a fired-up competitor, throwing fist pumps left and right. And how about those loud davais? 😍

Aside from the grumpy period in the middle of the match, the level of her tennis was fantastic 💪

Full match
Code:
http://vod.wta.aka.oss1.performgroup.com/wtatvcmsvod/ElenavElise20200109-0.mp4

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
(7) Rybakina def. Kr.Pliskova 6-2 7-5
Lena secured AO seed, live ranking shows she is 29th and only 2 players can surpass her this week (Alexandrova and Wozniacki)
mission completed

Full match:
Code:
http://vod.wta.aka.oss1.performgroup.com/wtatvcmsvod/ElenavKristyna20200110-0.mp4

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
Commentator on Czech TV came up with the following observation: "I like how humble she is during the on-court coaching. You can see she is carefully listening to her coach's every word. What a big difference compared to the attitude of some much more experienced professionals."

👍

She played the match perfectly. Focused, confident, consistent and deadly clutch on the big points. Saving one break point with a 2nd serve ace and another with a gutsy BH DTL winner right on the line could even be considered trolling 😊

"I played well in China last year. It was two or three tournaments that I played really well. It's amazing to be in the final, and I'm looking forward for tomorrow's match," Rybakina said.

"Today, I served really well -- much better than the last days. I was focusing on the return also, because I know that she's a player who plays aggressive and fast, so I was ready for the first few balls. That was important, and that's what I did."
Whoever out-aces Kristyna Pliskova can absolutely say "I served really well" 💪

Good luck for the final 🍀

·
Registered
51,832 Posts
Lena into Shenzhen final ! :) :yeah:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Shenzhen F: (7) Rybakina lt. (5) Alexandrova 2-6 4-6
pity that loss
anyway highly appreciated Lena's performance of this week
beat not easy opponents and earned needed points

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
Hobart International

Main draw

(1)Mertens v Q
Zhu v Kuzmova
Teichmann v Q
Ferro v (7)Peterson

(3)Rybakina v Zidansek
Van Uytvanck v Cornet
Q v Pliskova
(wc)Cabrera v (8)Garcia

(6)Linette v Kuznetsova
(wc)Sharma v Davis
Q v Q
Flipkens v (4)Zhang

(5)Kudermetova v (wc)Stosur
(9)Bellis v Bouzkova
Blinkova v Q
Wang Yafan v (2/wc)Muguruza

New week, new opportunity to SMASH someone 💪

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts

(Google translate)

ADRIANO ALBANESI TELLS US ABOUT ELENA RYBAKINA

The interview with Adriano Albanesi, former coach of Lesia Tsurenko, who did the winter training alongside the Kazakh tennis player.

Adriano, you did the winter preparation together with Elena Rybakina. What struck you most about her tennis?

"The thing that impressed me most is the speed of learning. Elena metabolizes everything, she is able to absorb the work done and then apply it on the field very quickly. She is an extremely helpful and humble player. Initially she and the coach had to staying two weeks, in the end they decided to extend their stay in Rome. She said to me: "I understand what details I have to work on, I want to stay to keep improving". I must say that the work done has been painstaking since it arrived when she left I can say that I have seen clear changes."

Kazakh expresses modern and attacking tennis. What advice did you give to help her in her technical-tactical growth? Where does it still have to improve?

"I am in close contact with Vukov. We feel practically every day to discuss and understand where we can improve. As regards the technical part, I tried to help her on the foot work, advising her to get closer to the point of impact with the ball. Elena is very high (184 cm, editor's note), therefore the search for the "strike zone" to create the necessary space between her and the ball is very important: in particular I tried to work on the supports, trying to give her the right precautions to get her hit with the body well behind the ball rather than sideways. This week I followed her in every match, she has to improve from a physical aspect also with regard to the prevention of fatigue. In this sense I thank Professor Savino Traficante who did a job excellent as regards the postural sphere. She also has moments of "up and down" on a mental level, but this is obviously also due to her age. Fabio Buzzanca provided her with support from this point of view by providing her with a protocol of exercises to follow and that she will bring with her to Australia. In addition, being an attacking player, we focused on the "sticky" work between the back and the net, where she already knows how to play well. We are on the right track."

You recently followed Tsurenko. What are the differences that you have found compared to the training of an expert player like Ukraine?

"Experience is the substantial difference. Lesia is a very intelligent player, a calculator that in the period in which I trained her seldom made wrong choices or approach to the game. But often when she felt the importance of the moment there was risk that he would contract and fail to express himself 100%. With Rybakina it is a more scholastic training, every day you have to be careful and with the right focus also in the preparation of the matches as she has faced far fewer players than Tsurenko. For Elena, cheekiness and her healthy "indifference" rather than being a limit are her real strength: she is young and knows she is strong, in important moments she manages to let go of her arm and this has often rewarded her."

Where do you think it can go in terms of ranking? It is currently at 36 Wta.

"It is difficult to say, but as an external consultant I can say that she is a player in continuous growth and that she will still climb positions. I prefer not to set limits, but I am sure that continuing on this path can go up a lot."

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hobart 1R: (3) Rybakina def. Zidansek 6-1 6-4
Lena finished the 1st set quickly
her performance level was dropped in the 2nd set as well as many previous matches
blast too many errors and led by 2-4
but she was better on important points

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
"I mean, it happens. It's normal." - Lena on her loss of concentration in the 2nd set.

It's indeed normal. Sometimes it's normal three times a week 😋

Chip&chargekina is getting ready for Wimbledon already 💪

Full match
Code:
http://vod.wta.aka.oss1.performgroup.com/wtatvcmsvod/ElenavTamara20200114-0.mp4

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Lenka wins 75 63 against Cornet :cool:

Another good win for the Kazakh Goddess of Shotmaking. :worship:

It seems Elena really had a great offseason. Watching how her start of the season is unfolding, you get the feeling that she has improved in almost every department in a short period of time.

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
Cornet during OCC: "The ball is going so flat, so fast... I mean, I know it's gonna be a cross, and I'm still late."

It sounds like a compliment coming from a player with a history of troubling Serena Williams 💪

Full match
Code:
http://vod.wta.aka.oss1.performgroup.com/wtatvcmsvod/ERybakinavACornetHobart20200115-0.mp4

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hobart QF: (3) Rybakina def. (WC) Cabrera 6-7(4) 7-6(2) 7-5
really tough, big-hitting and heartbreaking match
I couldn't believe Lena was winning this one till the very last point
Liz showed such a brilliant performance

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Let's hope Lenka won't be too exhausted at the start of the AO. Her draw seems fine to me.

I even think she could cause Barty some trouble, in case she makes it to R3. But if Elena makes the final in Hobart, I fear she won't have anything left in the tank for next week.

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
In 2018, she wasn't good enough for the Russian Tennis Federation. Less than two years later, she is (live) ranked higher than any Russian female tennis player. The statement has been made ⭐ Basically, if you go to Moscow and ask people on the street "Who is the best here right now?", they'll say "ETO NASHA RYBAKINA! KAKAYA MILAYA DEVUSHKA. I KRASOTKA!" 👋

What a strange match in a strange mood it was. She indeed looks worn out emotionally a bit, which makes a hard-fought win like that even more impressive. I'm sure she'll be ready to fight like a fish on methamphetamines in Melbourne, regardless of her result in Hobart 💪

Umpires overrule calls, Lena overrules umpires 😎
She did it again 😇

Full match
Code:
http://vod.wta.aka.oss1.performgroup.com/wtatvcmsvod/ERybakinavLCabreraHobart20200116-0.mp4

2041 - 2060 of 2081 Posts