Tennis Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2081 Posts

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
The team somehow leads the tie 4-3.

They were 3-1 down after Lena's match, then Vit Kopriva saved 3 consecutive match points at 7-5 5-3 40-0* to make it 3-3 and then Maja with Viki won doubles rubber 12-10 in decider saving one more match point 💪 💪 💪

EDIT: The tie isn't finished yet 🧐

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
schedule update:
2020/1/6 Shenzhen Main Draw
2020/1/13 Hobart Main Draw
2020/1/20 Australian Open Main Draw

Re: Early Entry List

Entry Liste:

Elise Mertens (BEL) No.17
Elena Rybakina (KAZ) No.36
Shuai Zhang (CHN) No.39
Veronika Kudermetova (RUS) No.40
Magda Linette (POL)) No.43
Catherine Bellis (USA) No.43 SR
Rebecca Peterson (SWE) No.44
Caroline Garcia (FRA) No.46
Alison Van Uytvanck (BEL) No.47
Yafan Wang (CHN) No.48
Viktoria Kuzmova (SVK) No.52
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) No.54
Marie Bouzkova (CZE) No.57
Alize Cornet (FRA) No.59
Anna Blinkova (RUS) No.61
Fiona Ferro (FRA) No.62
Timara Zidansek (SLO) No.63
Lauren Davis (USA) No.64
Kristyna Pliskova (CZE) No.66
Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) No.70
Lin Zhu (CHN) No.71
[WC] Sam Stosur (AUS) No.99

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
Code:
https://vesti.kz/wta/273305/
(Google translate)

"In Kazakhstan, they met me gorgeous." 20-year-old tennis player - about the sensational take-off in the WTA ranking, national team and goals for the 2020 season

The most titled tennis player in Russia called to remember her name.

"Remember that name!" - stated in 2018 about the young athlete Elena Rybakina, the most titled tennis player of Russia Evgeny Kafelnikov. Kazakhstan also appreciated its potential, and last season the girl changed her sports citizenship.

After a successful 2019, Rybakin, who is only 20 years old, broke into the TOP-40 of the WTA rating and almost took away the title of the first racket of Kazakhstan from Yulia Putintseva . In an interview with Vesti.kz, a rising tennis star spoke about her ambitious plans for next season, her desire to play for the Kazakhstan national team in the Federation Cup as soon as possible, and shared several personal stories.

- Elena, first of all, I would like to ask you about your period of performances for Kazakhstan. How did you meet our country, the team?

- The first time I came to Nur Sultan last year. They met us very warmly, I came with my parents. They showed us the whole city - very beautiful. We climbed the Baiterek, visited the mosque, went to the national museum. I liked it very much and met it gorgeous.

- Which team do you communicate with the most?

- When I play ITF tournaments, I often meet with Gozal Ainitdinova. We trained together, and we saw each other at many ITF tournaments. A year ago, I met better with Julia Putintseva. We also played together at many tournaments. And in Melbourne, we now agreed with Zarina Diyas to play doubles. Therefore, I communicate with the team and I think that I will keep in touch more and communicate with everyone much more when, finally, I can represent Kazakhstan and play together with the Fed Cup. But at the moment I’m watching, naturally, for all the matches, and for the Davis Cup, and support. I think that communication will be even more next year.

- How did you manage to adapt already? Are all conditions created for effective training? Do you often come to Kazakhstan?

- The conditions are all created excellent, because I manage to ride with my coach in all tournaments. I had a very complicated schedule. This year I played a lot of tournaments and matches, and therefore, unfortunately, I could not come to Kazakhstan. But I think that next year I will come, and more than once. So I’ll definitely be in Nur Sultan.

- Does the coaching staff of Kazakhstan pose certain tasks for you?

- Well, there are always tasks. And, of course, not only the coaching staff of Kazakhstan puts them, but I and the coach. Therefore, of course, we try to achieve our goals.

- In February, the national team of Kazakhstan will play against Belgium, but without you? What can you say about this confrontation? Does Kazakhstan have a chance to win this match?

- Of course, I would like to play against Belgium, because I already went to court against two players of the Fed Cup of the Belgian team. This is Alison van Eytvank and Kirsten Flipkens. I think, of course, we have a chance to win this match, and I hope that everything works out.

- One of the brightest stories with your participation is the tweet of Evgeny Kafelnikov, where he wrote "Lena Rybakina: remember this name." Did this give you confidence in your performances?

- Of course, I was very pleased to hear this when I found out that Yevgeny Kafelnikov wrote such things about me. But I try not to focus on any phrases. I always want to win. And I wouldn’t say any certainty that it gave, but it was very nice to hear that.

- You feel comfortable both on the ground and on hard. But still, on what surface are you still more comfortable playing?

- According to the results of this year, I can say that on all surfaces I played pretty well for approximately the same results. I can say that I am a universal player, but I prefer such a fast coverage as hard.

- Which of the victories is the most significant and memorable for you?

- I think that one of the most memorable and significant, of course, is Bucharest. The first WTA tournament I won. But this year, in addition to the Grand Slams, I played one Premier tournament in Wuhan (China), I really liked it there too, so I would say that it is also one of the most memorable because I managed to play there with top players, and I really wanted it.

- You performed very well at the junior level. What needs to be done to develop your potential among adults?

- Yes, I finished my junior year third. And, on the one hand, it is important to perform at junior tournaments, to show results, but this is not always an indicator of how you can play among professionals. Of course, in order to perform so well and be in the top of the best professional players, you need a huge desire, motivation, hard work. And, of course, these are large financial costs. Because, to become one of the best, you need to have a big team, so that people help and achieve goals with you, because it is very, very difficult.

- What are your immediate goals?

- This year I completed the 36th, so next year the goal is TOP-15. And then we'll see how it goes. In any case, I want to perform at the Grand Slam tournaments as best as possible, so I will try.

- It is clear that any tennis player wants to win one of the Grand Slam tournaments. Or maybe there is one among them that is most valuable to you? That is, is there a special attitude to this competition, or will victory in one of them be more significant than in others?

- Of course, the Grand Slam tournaments I really like the whole. And I would like to win, maybe not just one. But I remember the US Open tournament in New York, as it was my first junior tournament, then it turned out to be my first adult tournament when I got into the qualification last year. But probably the most beloved is in the Australian Melbourne. I really like Australia. But I would like to win more than one Grand Slam tournament.

- How do you spend your free time? What activities help you recover, including psychologically?

- It’s hard for me to talk about free time, because this year I had a very busy and almost no free time. But I try to meet my friends whenever possible. There are, of course, friends in Tours, but not only. And therefore, I always try to meet my friends when I come home, or somewhere to intersect with them, spend time with them. And psychologically, I am unloaded, and we constantly go somewhere - to the cinema, to some new places. But I can’t say that there was a lot of free time.

- You called Barcelona one of the most favorite places to visit. Is there any story that happened to you in this Spanish city?

- Yes, I remember saying that I like Barcelona, it was a long time ago. I have not been there for a long time. But I remember Barcelona because I played the junior tournament, and the first time I got into the huge Port Aventura theme park with my girlfriend, and we had a wonderful time there, and I have very good memories. I would like to get to these attractions again. But in general, now my opinion has changed.

I think Barcelona is still not my favorite place, not my favorite city, because this year I saw even more different countries and cities, so it’s hard for me to judge. Melbourne, definitely, I like it. But, I think that opinion will change, as I see more and more.

- Who do you think is the strongest tennis player? And do you have an idol in tennis?

- I believe that the strongest tennis player is Roger Federer. And my idol is also Federer.

- Do you follow football? If so, which team are you rooting for? If not, then maybe watch other sports?

- Honestly, I do not follow football. This is because there is not much free time. I am not fond of football and cannot say that there are any other teams or sports that I follow directly. But if you choose some kind of sport that I would like to go to, or that I like to watch, then this is probably figure skating.

- And who would you like to meet on the court?

- There is no certain person against whom I would like to play. But I would like to try my hand on the same court with all the TOP-10 players. I hope I will have such an opportunity next year.

- What do you think now, at one time you made the right choice between tennis and an American university?

- I think yes. Of course, it was the right choice, because I already have good results and I really like tennis. And even then I understood that the American University is not quite mine.

- You are only 20 years old, but you are already close to the TOP-30, and almost becoming the first racket of Kazakhstan. What, in your opinion, is needed to become the first racket of the world and how realistic is it?

- Yes, I was very close to finish the year first in Kazakhstan, but, in any case, the results are not bad. I would, of course, be very pleased. I think that Kazakhstan would have known even more about me then. I will try.

To become the first racket of the world, of course, you need a great desire, hard work and, as I have already said, financial opportunities, since you always have to have a team that would help you, and without this, of course, it’s very difficult. You need to be surrounded by people you trust. And, of course, if you believe, if you do everything right, then it will be possible to become the first racket of the world.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
100 Club: 2019's debutantes in the Top 100 of the WTA singles rankings
12/17
Elena Rybakina (Kazakhstan) broke the Top 100 on July 22, one day after she won her first WTA singles title in Bucharest. The 20-year-old went on to reach another WTA singles final in Nanchang, and ended the season ranked inside the Top 40.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Lena is on Entry List of St.Petersburg

1. KVITOVA, PETRA (CZE) - 7
2. BERTENS, KIKI (NED) - 9
3. VONDROUSOVA, MARKETA (CZE) - 16
4. VEKIC, DONNA (CRO) - 19
5. SAKKARI, MARIA (GRE) - 23
6. KONTAVEIT, ANETT (EST) - 26
7. SEVASTOVA, ANASTASIJA (LAT) - 27
8. COLLINS, DANIELLE (USA) - 29
9. PUTINTSEVA, YULIA (KAZ) - 34
10.ALEXANDROVA, EKATERINA (RUS) - 35
11.RYBAKINA, ELENA (KAZ) - 37
12.MLADENOVIC, KRISTINA (FRA) - 39
13.KUDERMETOVA, VERONIKA (RUS) - 41
14.PETERSON, REBECCA (SWE) - 44
15.OSTAPENKO, JELENA (LAT) - 45
16.GARCIA, CAROLINE (FRA) - 46
17.VAN UYTVANCK, ALISON (BEL) - 47
18.TOMLJANOVIC, AJLA (AUS) - 51
A.
1. BRADY, JENNIFER (USA) - 55
2. KUZMOVA, VIKTORIA (SVK) - 56
3. SINIAKOVA, KATERINA (CZE) - 58
4. CORNET, ALIZÉ (FRA) - 59
5. SASNOVICH, ALIAKSANDRA (BLR) - 62
6. FERRO, FIONA (FRA) - 63
7. ZIDANSEK, TAMARA (SLO) - 65
8. TEICHMANN, JIL (SUI) - 69
9. KASATKINA, DARIA (RUS) - 70
10.FLIPKENS, KIRSTEN (BEL) - 71

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
R32 Rybakina Elena (KAZ) [7] def. Zheng Saisai (CHN) 6-2 1-6 6-2

That's a fine result considering it was the very first match of the season 👍 First set was very good from Lena, especially her return game was brutal. Then I think she got a bit overwhelmed by some of the recent technical and tactical tweaks in her game, and her game sort of collapsed for a while. Fortunately, Lenka Adidaska was ready for the challenge and showed good problem solving skills in the decider 💪 Yafan Wang next.

Full match
Code:
http://vod.wta.aka.oss1.performgroup.com/wtatvcmsvod/ElevSai20200106-0.mp4

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Good win for Lenka !! (y)

I was not that happy about her draw in the beginning. That's why I am quite relieved now that she was able to handle a tricky defensive player in her first match of the new year.

Well done, Elena !!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
(7) Rybakina def. Wang Yafan 6-3 6-4
Lena gave no break in this match
faced 3 BPs in last game but saved all of them in good form
Lena slays well these Chinese players in China

next Mertens
important match and would be good indication whether Lena has really improved or simply beating lower ranked opponents

·
🐟🐟
4,277 Posts
Point construction and defense have improved significantly compared to last season ⭐ There were many sweet points in today's match showcasing those abilities 👇

Commentator: "Another winner from the Rybakina collection" 😊

Umpires overrule calls, Lena overrules umpires 😎 "I'm completely confused now" 🙃

Full match
Code:
http://vod.wta.aka.oss1.performgroup.com/wtatvcmsvod/ElenavYafan20200107-0.mp4

"I have never played against my next opponent, Rybakina," Mertens said. “But I have practiced with her before. She hits very hard balls."
Occasionally.

2021 - 2040 of 2081 Posts