1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
:woohoo:

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
YAY ELENA! jbone..how quickly we forget Amelia Island this year..;)anyway if Alyona can only improve her serve she could be in the top 5 IMO!!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
There is no possible way Elena can get into the top 5. If she improves her serve, i still dont see her getting into the top 5. Her groundstrokes are like pity pat, her backhand is strongl, but thats it. Jelena has much more potential

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
elena's backhand looked pretty poor when she played serena at wimbledon imo, her forehand certainly is her weapon. she could get top 5 if she improves that serve, i think to get top 5 she may need to improve that backhand a bit as well as the serve.

good win elena, schiavone has been playing well recently.

good luck against justine!.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yes, I noticed too that Elena's only weapon is that forehand, and probably her quickness too. The backhand of hers is strange, its also weak and sets up winners from her opponents. Her serve also needs to improve. but when she's on, that forehand is really dangerous. This won't be a cake walk for Justine....but I still think Justine in 3 or 2 tight sets. GO JUJU:D

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
Her backhand was awesome at Amelia Island.

Go Elena!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seriously Jbone, what do you have against Elena!!
And by the way, I've seen Elena play in person before, and I think her backhand can be pretty awesome too! So, I think both her forehand and backhand are weapons, her forehand, of course being the better one

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Congrats Elena!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Elena's BH has improved so much since she first burst on the tour.

And jbone, I'm sure you have not seen Elena play if you think her groundstrokes are weak. That girl is pure dynamite on both wings, the forehand being stronger.

Against Serena, she was overawed and overpowered. She went for winners that weren't there and tried to impose herself in a way that she was not comfortable with. She was playing Serena for the first time and obviously had difficulty adjusting to her.

Elena is a better hardcourt player than Justine IMO and prefers faster surfaces better, but Henin is confident and can hang with Elena. Its tough, Henin is the favourite, but Elena has a chance.

3 sets either way! :)

·
Registered
838 Posts
DEETHELICK said:
Elena's BH has improved so much since she first burst on the tour.

And jbone, I'm sure you have not seen Elena play if you think her groundstrokes are weak. That girl is pure dynamite on both wings, the forehand being stronger.

Against Serena, she was overawed and overpowered. She went for winners that weren't there and tried to impose herself in a way that she was not comfortable with. She was playing Serena for the first time and obviously had difficulty adjusting to her.

Elena is a better hardcourt player than Justine IMO and prefers faster surfaces better, but Henin is confident and can hang with Elena. Its tough, Henin is the favourite, but Elena has a chance.

3 sets either way! :)
Elena is a better hardcourt player than Justine IMO ???

I'm not sure this is correct.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.