Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Last time we saw Anna with that...we know what happened :bigcry: I don't want another one of my fav to be injured..

· Premium Member
172,297 Posts
she's taking next week off before Moscow
then Filderstadt
Zurich
Luxembourg

· Registered
16,898 Posts
She really does need time off. Unfortunately the Ladies Kremlin Cup is only 9 days away and Elena is still in Shanghai with a foot injury and a final to play. Then she has to travel home to Moscow and recuperate in time for the Ladies Kremlin Cup. Unfortunately she might me too tired to play well in Moscow. :(

· Banned
2,960 Posts
Elena has played 23 tournaments this year. She probably doesn't need to play many more this year. I'm sure she really wants to make the WTA Championships though.

· Premium Member
172,297 Posts
the cat said:
She really does need time off. Unfortunately the Ladies Kremlin Cup is only 9 days away and Elena is still in Shanghai with a foot injury and a final to play. Then she has to travel home to Moscow and recuperate in time for the Ladies Kremlin Cup. Unfortunately she might me too tired to play well in Moscow. :(
Alyona flies home after final
she'll get a Wed/Thurs start in Moscow as well(with a bye in rd1) so its nearly 2 weeks since her last match.

good thing she hasn't played doubles after US Open.

· Registered
2,991 Posts
tenn_ace said:
why does she need Filderstadt and Luxembourg? :rolleyes:

play Moscow, Zurich and LA and then FedCup... isn't that enough?
It's not enough if she hasn't qualified for the Champs...I'm sure that if she's qualified after Zurich, then she'll withdraw from Luxembourg...It was a "just-in-case" tourney...

· Registered
4,309 Posts
Yeah I agree. I hope Elena takes acre of her body, altho in an interview this week, she stated she wanted a week off, especially becuase Shanghai wasn't in her original tournament plans.

Elena will not play till much later next week, and she'll be is Russia, her hometown, where she'll be comfortable and relaxed.

Just rest up, get those minor aches sorted and get ready for some more superb tennis from Elena! :)

· Registered
3,489 Posts
i agree, she does need to rest, but i do expect her to play extremly well at moscow after a good 9-11 days rest, maybe spring an upset or two [hennin-hardenne?] i hope she can make it three in a row!

· Registered
2,961 Posts
Lena is way better on a slower court so in Moscow, on the fastest court possible, I don't think she'll do that well. She'll do ok but not more then that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.