Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elena Dementieva is my Hero. After an excellent 2000, she slumped in 2001 and 2002. I never thought she would have the courage to come back and win her maiden title in 2003. True hero style! She deserves it! :hearts: :lick:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Elena played with alot of heart and passion at Amelia Island this year to finally win her first WTA Tour title! :D Her tremendous comeback wins over Justine Henin-Hardenne in the semifinal and Lindsay Davenport in the final proved to me that Elena has heroic tennis in her! :) Elena really deserved that title. And it was her fighting spirit that pulled her through! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Elena is my hero because of her dedication to Russia. Her home country means so much to her and she does everything in her power to represent them to the best of her ability.

Elena is my hero because of the fight she showed in the year 2000. The silver medal is an opportunity that comes only once every for years, and Elena emerged from nowhere grab the medal (silver is my favourtie metal anyway :))

And this year, Elena proved why she is the best of the Russian players, regardless of rankings, by winning her first (and a very prestigious) title.

In addition, Elena proved herself as a top doubles player with the ability to compete with anyone.

Elena is a great example of hard work, dedication and practice. But a dynamite forehand also helps!!

Continue your good form Elena!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts