Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1921 - 1940 of 5002 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Re: The Elena Dementieva ONLY Fan Club vol.7

It really is quite amazing that Lena has qualified for Doha given the season she's had.
The season started out so brightly and when she got to Kuala Lumpar F we all thought she was going to have a great year and finally win more than 3 titles in a season. Fast forward a few months and the picture is so different.
Apart from her title runs in Sydney and Paris, she only really did well in 2 other tournaments, Roland Garros and Tokyo. And her play in Roland Garros was so below par it makes getting to the SFs and having to retire all the more tragic.
She is very lucky to be in Doha so hopefully she can use the opportunity to maybe end the season on a relative high note. Of course, knowing Lena's luck she'll probably get grouped together with Caroline, Kim and Jelena:sad:
Roll on 2011....

·
Registered
90 Posts

It really is quite amazing that Lena has qualified for Doha given the season she's had.
The season started out so brightly and when she got to Kuala Lumpar F we all thought she was going to have a great year and finally win more than 3 titles in a season. Fast forward a few months and the picture is so different.
Apart from her title runs in Sydney and Paris, she only really did well in 2 other tournaments, Roland Garros and Tokyo. And her play in Roland Garros was so below par it makes getting to the SFs and having to retire all the more tragic.
She is very lucky to be in Doha so hopefully she can use the opportunity to maybe end the season on a relative high note. Of course, knowing Lena's luck she'll probably get grouped together with Caroline, Kim and Jelena:sad:
Roll on 2011....
Well - it could have been much different with a couple of points v Woz at the Pilot Pen, vs Stosur at the Open (who know whether she could have defeated Clisters) and if she had not blown it vs Woz again in Tokyo. Choke choke choke.

I hope she does get yet another chance vs Woz in DOHA. She MUST defeat her as she did in Cinci last summer.

Go Lena:bounce::bounce:

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,686 Posts

I think the season has been okay apart from inability to finish off matches and losing in tiebreaks. The timing of the injury managed to affect 3 GS events. At full fitness her game should come back.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

I think the season has been okay apart from inability to finish off matches and losing in tiebreaks. The timing of the injury managed to affect 3 GS events. At full fitness her game should come back.
i hope so

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

In before the 24-hour deadline to remind everyone I am a fan of Le Petite.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

She's resting up in Moscow. Hopefully a few days in her hometown will restore her sagging spirits.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts

I still don't understand why she is playing at Luxembourg and not in Moscow? Personally I think that now she should skip both and be fresh for Doha.

However, if she is playing in this week, Why not in Moscow? It is her home as far as I remember. Perhaps the WTA officials was telling her that she have to play another International tournament so she must chose Luxembourg or that she has some Issues with Moscow officials. I don't find any other explanation to this.

·
Registered
37,855 Posts

I still don't understand why she is playing at Luxembourg and not in Moscow? Personally I think that now she should skip both and be fresh for Doha.

However, if she is playing in this week, Why not in Moscow? It is her home as far as I remember. Perhaps the WTA officials was telling her that she have to play another International tournament so she must chose Luxembourg or that she has some Issues with Moscow officials. I don't find any other explanation to this.
Well she may have thought that she wasn't going to qualify for the YEC so she would try to qualify for Bali by winning Luxembourg. :shrug:

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

My guess is she got a boatload of cash to play Lux. Girl's got to think about a retirement dacha for Mommy Vera.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

·
Banned
20,175 Posts

Hey Max, here's a pic for you. She looks so much like Myskina here. :lol:

·
Registered
4,640 Posts

:hearts: What year is that picture from?

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

Hey Max, here's a pic for you. She looks so much like Myskina here. :lol:

O.......M......G....... The only response I have is that any other response would be TMI.

I love Nastya, but in her dreams.

·
Registered
139 Posts

I can only tell you that there is another reason.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

I can only tell you that there is another reason.
Oh, don't go all cryptic on us. Is is money? Did she dump Maxim for a new guy who lives in Luxembourg? All you're going to do is spur fevered speculation now.

1921 - 1940 of 5002 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.