Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3921 - 3940 of 5002 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Sorry I need to vent:

I saw Ancic's pic at his press conference announcing he retiring from tennis because of the physical problems. He was crying
I read Henin first stop because she was depressed and playing tennis was not fun and she felt bad.
And then there is Elena, still in great shape, still hungry of tennis, she training almost every day.
I feel something is wrong. I feel like that journey was not over yet. Yes I know I know about starting a family. Still something sounds not good to me. Like a waste of the talent compare to who would love to play but can not.
yes, there is something weird about that retirement (at least weird for us) but we can't do anything but accept it and keep the hope to see Lena on the court again :sobbing: After 4 months I don't feel any better about it, everyday I wonder why she did it, hoping for an answer to that question... maybe an answer form her would fix all the mess I have in my head right now:help: and will help me to understand her decision :sad:

Lately we haven't had news about her and that makes me think that we'll have a wedding soon:p (I think after the KHL's plays off ) anyway we all knew that would happen sooner or later

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sorry I need to vent:

I saw Ancic's pic at his press conference announcing he retiring from tennis because of the physical problems. He was crying
I read Henin first stop because she was depressed and playing tennis was not fun and she felt bad.
And then there is Elena, still in great shape, still hungry of tennis, she training almost every day.
I feel something is wrong. I feel like that journey was not over yet. Yes I know I know about starting a family. Still something sounds not good to me. Like a waste of the talent compare to who would love to play but can not.
I have a feeling that retiring like those was one of her biggest fears. She couldn't find herself telling everyone that tennis wasn't a passion anymore for her or that she wasn't physically fit enough to be on tour anymore. It seems like saying goodbye while she was on top was always on her mind.

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
15,125 Posts
Sorry I need to vent:

Well, I guess Lena never did do anything the usual way did she, her retirement was no different.

I have come to terms with it and kinda prefer she went out on top and didnt wait for a career ending injury.

I also have NOT ruled out her comeback one day, despite what she says herself at this point.
I repeat, NEVER say NEVER.

Lena will be fitter and stronger in her early thirties than most of the new crop of teens and early twenties players are and will be.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Speaking from experience (well, up to a point, as my part of the job was in many ways less demanding) there's a lot to be said for starting a family while you're still young and fit. Not to impugn older parents (I was in my mid-30s when I had my 2nd kid) but it's nice to have that extra energy.

Much as it pains me as a fan to have to give up following my all-time favorite player, I really do understand and support her decision. It may be trite and silly, but no gold medal (at least in advertising awards shows :p) compares to a first tooth or a first step, and I hope Lena and Max get to experience all of that.

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
It's will be nice that from time to time she'll remember that she have twitter, facebook and Official site, just to say hello...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
It's will be nice that from time to time she'll remember that she have twitter, facebook and Official site, just to say hello...
Knowing Lena she'll never forget us, hopefully we'll recieve more news about her via Twitter of facebook... but inside of me I do have the fear that one day we won't recive news anymore :sobbing: that day I'll kill myself

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
Four months already? Damn. It took me a good few weeks to really come to terms with it, but following the tour and the results isn't the same now, no excitement or spark in the WTA without Elena.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
3:00-3:05 :eek:
I guess when she retired, she felt that she couldn’t play well anymore :eek::awww:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Lately I can't watch an interview of Lena without crying :sobbing:

So after 2009 season Lena thought that she wasn't able anymore to win that GS that's why she retired (who the hell told her that!!! :() she still can win!!!!

I don't care anymore that stupid Grand Slam :( now Lena's happiness is more important to me (and I really want to know how Lena 2.0 will looks like :hearts: )

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
3:00-3:05 :eek:
I guess when she retired, she felt that she couldn’t play well anymore :eek::awww:
I'm not so sure. I think Lena was just kind of going through the motions in a lot of her 2010 interviews now that I look back on them. Maybe it's because I know how the year ends, but they seem less giggly, more obligatory and more platitude filled than her earlier ones.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
They know who draws a crowd -- even if they have to lie. (not new).

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
someone via Twitter: I just seen Elena Dementieva in the hall. She dates the hockey player Maxim Afinogenov who's playing here now (10 hours ago)

another:

@sharapovanovic: If I were Dementieva, I'd never trade off my Olympic Gold for any Grand Slam. Not even 2. It's too precious.

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
say Hello to Elena (and Mom Vera...), watching SKA-Spartak Moscow this week

Maxim score, probably looking toward somebody (Vera?)

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
No, no, no. Mommy Vera wasn't supposed to grow bangs...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
say Hello to Elena (and Mom Vera...), watching SKA-Spartak Moscow this week

Why Why Why!!!! THAT WAS THE ONLY MATCH I DIDN'T SEE!!!!!!

Is soooo good to see Lena again :)

3921 - 3940 of 5002 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.