Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2921 - 2940 of 5002 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
From Vera Zvonareva Twitter:

Had 2 great days in Sankt Peterburg, Russia! It is one of my favorite cities in the world. Also watched SKA vs Sibir game !!! SKA won 3:1 :)

wait a minute, This team is not the team of the "evil" who kidnapp Elena off the court (I'm joking...)? da, this is the team and he also played (and scored a goal). I guess that Elena will be more in Sankt Peterburg but no hints that she was there in friday....

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
579 posts since itzhak warned us of the impending disaster 10 days ago.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
That is an absolutely elegant tribute. The writer is definitely a wordsmith. Anyone who hasn't already should definitely check this out. Scroll down below the opening slideshow.

I like this phrasing:
Arguably the best player yet to win a slam....
And I have never seen a description like this:
Whilst some critics will inevitably point to an erratic serve, the Russian had more than enough in her game to mitigate any weakness. She is an athlete who displays balletic artistry and agility around court. She would tip her head with avian beauty as she prepared to serve, the faithful visor would take on the character of a swans bill, and she would release the ball with a careful love like a dove set free, She would fly and gain balance with her wingspan, and shepherd the ball with metronomic consistency. She could be simply indefatigable, and it showed in the reliability of her ranking.
:inlove:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Dinara hasn't said anything about Lena's retirement yet??
Dinara had a twitter but she stopped several months ago, so she is just not available. I think that she is one of the very few players that perhaps Knew about Elena's plans. Zvonareva Knew after Tokyo and perhaps even earlier. I'm pretty sure that Kuznetsova Knew, in her twitter she did not said that she was surprise and she was very close to Elena in recent years. I'm not sure if she told Safina, they know each other very good but I have no idea if she knew something...

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
I still can't believe she retired :sobbing:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
here is direct link to the interview:

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Tennis/WTA/spbvideo_Elena-Dementieva-v-gostyah-u-Nedeli-sporta

According to the people who saw it and understand Russian, it was bad interview because the interviewer asked her again and again about personal issues and Elena as we know is very privet person and did not said much in her way. Apparently, few weeks ago, Maria Kirirlenko was in the same program and it was even worse...not to mention his hairstyle, LOL.....

However, if somebody can find something interesting in this interview, please notice us....

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
from ElenaUpdates Twitter (33 minutes ago ):

"We spend the whole tennis career on court,devoting all to tennis. So it's hard to find another exciting profession. But for me it is a final decision. I do not think I'll be back, at least, as a professional tennis player"

·
Registered
36 Posts
from ElenaUpdates Twitter (33 minutes ago ):

"We spend the whole tennis career on court,devoting all to tennis. So it's hard to find another exciting profession. But for me it is a final decision. I do not think I'll be back, at least, as a professional tennis player"
:hysteric:

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
15,125 Posts
"Do not think"... she hasnt totally ruled it out ever then.

Let's see how bored she gets, all players say its final at this point, then they return..

Anyways, I will take the BGO however she comes, on TV, newspaper columms, pics, interviews, whatever..

This Andrea Petkovic is a bit of a funny one isnt she, what with all her web blogs, youtube vids etc, whats she like as a player? Shes quite attractive as well.

·
Registered
948 Posts
She's not bad capt, been following her for a while.
shes funny, she's cute, and she has what it takes to connect with fans. not only talking about her online sources but also her behavior and gestures on/off the court.

She kinda sucks as a player so far though, compared to Lena...

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
15,125 Posts
Well Duh!! :lol: of course she does... ALL player will suck compared to the esteemed golden one.
Lets hope she improves then.. I also kinda quite like one of Miffeds other faves the extremely naughty and uncontrolable Miss Wickedmayer.. dunno why as she is in every way the Anti Lena, apart from the tall athletic frame I guess, will have to see how she pans out, thus assuming she hasnt already twatted another line judge in the kisser with a ball again.

Saw a pic today in the retired thread of The Barcelona Bumble Bee (ASV) does anyone remember her? she looked totally different and I have to say, rather nice..
Anyone seen Novotna recently? ( now I am showing my age) or Gigi, or Natasha The Flasher, MJF, and of course Dusky Argentine... wonder what they are all up to?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah, nobody can replace Elena as our favorite, but I'm sure she wouldn't want us to stop following the WTA tour so I'll keep rooting for my lesser faves Caro, Bepa, Dulko and Pironkova :)

2921 - 2940 of 5002 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.