2181 - 2200 of 5002 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Re: The Elena Dementieva ONLY Fan Club vol.7

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Khalifa Tennis Complex (from 17.00hrs)
1. Samantha Stosur vs. Elena Dementieva

I was hoping Lena would get to play Francesca first...Even if she tanked yesterday, I don't think she has enough power to defeat Stosur :sobbing:

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts

She has the ability to hit through Sam's topspin if she flattens out her shots. Thing is, her game isn't nearly as penetrating or high risk as it was a few years ago. I just hope she can pull this one out somehow.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts

I think she's more beat up than she's letting on. I'm afraid she's going 0-3.
I agree with the first part.

Stosur took out Caro today. It would be great if Lena can take out Stosur tomorrow!

GOOOOOOO LENA!! :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
953 Posts

She needs some time off, to get her head and body together....I dont feel much will change since the last match, but I hope so...

·
Registered
3,654 Posts

Elena's ankle isn't that bad or she wouldn't be there. If she's there just for the 100k, then that's even worse than having a bad ankle. Elena needs to play a top match tomorrow or go home. I'm losing respect for someone I have followed for over ten years. If she was hurt that bad then she should have never shown up for the YEC!

·
Registered
50,589 Posts

Lena :sobbing:
Good Luck tomorrow! :bounce:

·
Registered
90 Posts

Elena's ankle isn't that bad or she wouldn't be there. If she's there just for the 100k, then that's even worse than having a bad ankle. Elena needs to play a top match tomorrow or go home. I'm losing respect for someone I have followed for over ten years. If she was hurt that bad then she should have never shown up for the YEC!
I completely agree. I liked her because she always tried even in the face of the endless comments about her serve. She was always the unknown underdog with intriguing potential and great heart who avoided the limelight and maintained a shy unspoiled yet noble character. It is very sad to see her current apparent attitude issues which seem to spoil and frustrate achieving what still appears to be great potential at playing the game. Her match with Woz was (I REALLY hope) the nadir of this trend. Others (Schiavone/Marismo even Sharapova) have tried to the end and reached high points at the end of their careers. Lets hope Lena can do the same. Good luck tomorrow!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
36 Posts

i agree : even as a fan from her early years , i can't excuse her for what she did on court against Wozniacki ...she refused to play some points ...she clearly tanked the match and it was painful to watch..

very stupid and unprofessional girl.

anyway it was a bad idea...because now she needs two V and surely in two but also Schiavone has to beat Wozniacki...
very unlikely ...

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
15,125 Posts

Off you go then...

There sure is a lot of holier than thou people in here at the moment , (I cant forgive etc) like you think Lena gives a flying fuck who "forgives" her etc, she doesnt need our respect, you lot need to realise youre just fans, thats all, we dont realise whats going on, we have no real clue if Lena has a bad injury or not so its useless to start pontificating about facts we dont have.

We all go on and on about what she should and shouldnt do while sat on our asses behind a computer, we aint out there doing but in here talking, mostly crap as it happens.

Lena is at the end of her career, a long and sucessful but highly frustrating one, there will not be much longer left whatever happens and if she announced retirement at the end of this season it would not suprise me in the least, however I do think theres another season in there yet, but not two, 2011 will be her last one of that I am sure, hopefully I will be wrong as usual. We need to cut her some slack and stop being such "experts" when we know nothing, Lena neither needs or wants our "respect" or "forgiveness" so dont kid yourselves, shes a multi million dollar winning athlete and knows what she is doing.

Right now WTA is dead, the entire top ten is a joke, we have the worst number one and two for years and the standard of play is crap, very little talent and simply big strong girls belting the ball with zero tactics, the season is too long, the rules are corrupt and the players weak as piss or too lazy to play.

Once Lena does go, I can finally leave this sorry excuse for a sport and wait for the day it may improve...

·
Registered
112,684 Posts

If Lena wins today she is still alive for the title.
But she didnt play on Tuesday like she cares.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Look at what I just found on twitter

Elena said to danish TV that is was NOT her ankle, but quote "I felt like being killed out there by the heat"

Maybe I'm deluding myself, but I really hope the foot imflammation is not too serious...

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

Lena's brilliant travel schedule (Moscow, Luxembourg, Doha) plus the fact she couldn't train much due to her injury (which she also said) would make it hard to acclimate, especially given how much she hates the heat. But she's been spraying excuses like a sprinkler since that match, very unlike her usual tightlipped demeanor.

I still take YEC even less seriously than Lena, so I'm not going to get to worked up about it either way, but I hope she gets her act back together in the off season and finds another "hitting partner" because right now her game and her attitude are not where they need to be. I disagree with Ross--I think she wants to play through 2012, but she needs to get her game back on track if she wants one more shot at making the OG, let alone another medal. She can do it, but she needs to be realistic about retooling her game at 29.

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
15,125 Posts

I am glad you don't agree with me and I truly hope j am wrong.

The main thing is, we just have to stick with her for the duration, its not always easy but her latest pics make it all worthwhile.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Well the Captain is right on one point - it is Lena's life and Lena's game. I do hope she turns things around for her own sake.

'the heat'??? Right from the opening game it was nonsense drop shots lets get it over stuff. Hey - if you want to do silly dropshots - cann't you at least do them well? Also I recall a very early retirment in the spring at DOHA v Hantu because of a shoulder 'problem' which disappeared.

There must be something else.

I think it was kind and sportswomen like for Woz to ask her "are you ok" at the end of the match. That was a display of maturity and empathy from someone who clearly likes the game and was concerned for Lena. I recall Lena trying to comfort the other Wozniak when she withdrew in tears at Paris a couple of years ago (then L lost to Stosur).

WTA tour - Cap'n I guess that means we support Vera and Clisters? Maybe Aza has some potential.

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,686 Posts

He/she looks even bigger since the last time Elena threw away a match to her at the US Open

2181 - 2200 of 5002 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.