Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is so cool that she has gotten back to tie her career high of number 9! Ever since being there @ Amelia Island to watch her win I love to see her do well. She is entered as the number 2 seed in Bali this week. If she plays well and wins (or reaches the final) it should help her chances of moving up in the Porsche Race (where she is ranked 9). I hope she can make the championships!!

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
i'm really happy that she is back to top 10 but i was happier when she got that first title. 2 russians in the top 10 and petrova is #15 and zvonareva is #16 but unfortunately the others have dropped down a bit (bovina, kuznetsova) but lina k is slowly making her way up the rankings.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
elena should make championships because lindsay wont be playing them and elena is next in congratulations elena!:)

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Elena hardly has any points to defend anymore, except for Fillderstadt!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm very pleased for her. It has been a very consistent year in general for Miss Dementieva, but she still has the ability to either win tornament or crash out in the first round. Guess that makes her a pretty interesting player all round. :angel:

Congratulations to her and all her fans. :hearts:

Reactions: Dava

·
Registered
13,496 Posts
Finally she is back in top 10 :woohoo:
I hope she will make top 8 and play in Masters :)

keep going Alyona :banana:

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
What's between her and making GS semis on a consistent basis?

·
Premium Member
172,292 Posts
well done Lena :) back where she belongs :)
now stay healthy and chase Momo down :)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Excellent news, IMO its always hard to drop out of the Top 10 and work your way back in.

Everyone is saying how tough it is at the top of women's tennis, and its good to see that Elena had the character and belief to haul herself back into the Top 10 with a great chance of reaching a career high No. 8 this week! :)

She has found her confidence and game again and I'm very proud of her!

The difference between her making GS semi's is her serve and was her ranking, she had to play Jen and Serena in the last two slams. With a Top 8 seed under her belt, she could do some damage!!

With hardly any points to defend, she can really move up until Amelia next year!

Goooo Elena! :)

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
katie underwood thats not very nice of you:(

elena will do good this year hehe:) go elena:bounce::

·
Registered
69 Posts
Elena has fought very hard to get back into the top 10, so I think she deserves a lot of credit. That foot injury in 2001 could have caused her to fall much farther down the rankings, but she was consistant to remain in the top 20 and has climbed back. Lets all hope she can keep the momentum going and really progress and grow as a player and break the top 5. All the best to Elena :bounce:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.