·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,777 Posts
RIP Bally :sad:
already two years... i can't believe it

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I wasn't a member at the time of this thread, but I have just read through all 51 pages, and the Olympic pics filled my eyes.

For those in the UK (and possibly Rep of Ireland), there's a new documentary on BBC Alba about Bally - also emotional, but a very nice watch. There'll likely be ways around watching for those overseas. The narration is Scottish Gaelic so subtitles are needed (and provided), but all the guest interviews are in English:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000c051/elena-baltacha

·
Registered
11,713 Posts
I wasn't a member at the time of this thread, but I have just read through all 51 pages, and the Olympic pics filled my eyes.

For those in the UK (and possibly Rep of Ireland), there's a new documentary on BBC Alba about Bally - also emotional, but a very nice watch. There'll likely be ways around watching for those overseas. The narration is Scottish Gaelic so subtitles are needed (and provided), but all the guest interviews are in English:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000c051/elena-baltacha
Odd that it's in Gaelic.. Did Bally even speak Gaelic?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Odd that it's in Gaelic.. Did Bally even speak Gaelic?
That station gets a decent enough amount of funding to make these documentaries in order to preserve/grow the language. They've made a few football ones and virtually no football fans speak it, but as long as they're subtitled well it's fine.

·
Registered
11,713 Posts
That station gets a decent enough amount of funding to make these documentaries in order to preserve/grow the language. They've made a few football ones and virtually no football fans speak it, but as long as they're subtitled well it's fine.
That's good, it's a shame more Scottish and Irish people don't speak Gaelic.

741 - 757 of 757 Posts