Tennis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Elena Baltacha considers retirement after string of poor results

Elena Baltacha called a press conference yesterday to discuss her plans for the future, after yet another first round loss.

"To be honest, after three consecutive losses 7-6 in the final set, I have to consider my future in the game. Apart from reaching the final at the French Open, my results have been very poor this season, and maybe I need to take a break from the game."

Baltacha also questioned the attitude of some of the other players towards her:

"I had a fantastic doubles partner in Gaelle Taton, and when she retired recently it really hit home that maybe this was not for me. No-one seems to want to play doubles with me now, and that was a lot of the "fun" of the game for me... Maybe if I had a regular doubles partner things would be different. But right now I dont know where my career is going."

Bally will honour her commitments for the next two weeks, before making a final decision on her future.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
Don't retire Elena! My doubles partner (Elke Clijsters) also retired recently, so if you want I'll play doubles with you :hug: I'm currently playing some challengers, but when we're playing the same tournaments, I'll be happy to be your doubles partner :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.