Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Janes bt Selyutina 6-3 6-3

Amanda was on it today. Selytuina looks like she has totally lsot the plot and doesn't seem to give a damn. She hasn't practised once this week, and arrived 10mins before her match, and left straight after. Amanda was always in control, always at least one break ahead. She had about 6 sp's in the first set before finally taking it. Amanda is a lefty if anyone is interested. And her mum reached the Wimbledon final way back.

Paterson bt Van de Ven 6-1 6-4

Van de Ven was totally clueless today. It was windy, and what did she do? Smack the ball hard and flat trying to go for angles. Teh result, every ball drifted wide. Karen just put tons of spin on and placed it down the middle. Tessy couldn't and wouldn't adapt to the conditions. Tessy has a really high ball toss, so the wind was blwoing it away - but did she think to throw teh ball up shorter? No! Karen was 6-1 5-2 up and then fell asleep, it was so easy.

Salomon bt Pandejrova w/o

Pandjerova withdrew due to illness. She practised in teh morning, felt sick, went to see the trainer, and withdrew.

Tamaela bt Van Hartingsveldt 6-1 6-4

Elsie played a bit better today, but Suzanne was atrocious. She fought better in the second set, coming from 5-2 down. But this was a pretty awful match overall.

O'Donoghue bt Hoogland 6-1 3-6 6-3

Jane was by far the better player. Jane missed some easy shots and this got Hoogland back into the match. Hoogland was actually 3-1 up in the third, before Jane woke up and only lost about 7 more points in the next 5 games.

Hewitt bt Boulykina 6-3 6-2

The first 4 agmes were all breaks. Irina didn't play ata ll well today. Everyone was sad to see her losoe coz we like her :) She's fab. I never noticed but there is something wrong with her right eye. Eggy do you know anything about this? Is she partially sighted or anything? Hewitt played much beter today, she was hitting alot of good shtos and really attacking Irina who just kinda lumbered about the court not really getting anywhere.

Hawkins bt Srndovic 6-2 6-4

Srndovic tried every trick of the trade to put Anna off. She was up 5-2, out came the trainer. Hawkins up a set a a break, toilet break. Up a set and 4-3 out comes the trainer. Anna played a very good, clever match. Aleksandra really wasn't there today, maybe she wanetd to go homr before Bromma i don't know ;) Anna was coming into the net alot, and Srndovic barely made a single pass all day i think.

Beller bt Collin 4-6 6-4 6-3

Hannah was always behind, she was down 4-2 in the first, before scrambling back to win teh set. She injured her leg early in teh match, but just rubbed in some deep heat rather than call the trainer. It was obvious she was sturggling, and she went 5-2 down in the second. She clawed ehr way back to 4-5 before Beller took teh set. Beller has a VERY weird service action by the way, but its effective. The girls tarded breaks at the start, before Beller again went up 5-2, Hannah held serve, but couldn't break back. She was disappointed, but not surprised, byt the end of the match she could barely run.

The doubels matches were very very poor, Van de Ven and Van Hartigsveldt vs Salomon and Forehlich was pathetic. VDV and VH wanetd to go home, so wre tanking. Froehlich wanted to go home. The only player trying was Salomon. Salomon/Froehlich won 6-2 6-1.

Curran/Hawkins bt Clijsters/Beller 6-2 6-1 aswell. Elke wasn't interested, she had her fliught booked for this evening, and wasn't in the mood to have to change it.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,115 Posts
thanks for the report, well done Verena (or this this unfair because of the injury of Collin?)

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Thanks for the report Paul :D

What I would like to know is, why do players bother entering the doubles if they clearly couldn't give a toss?

Congratulations to the Brits that won :bounce: and hope Hannah get's her leg sorted out soon :sad:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
OMG at the doubles matches!

Good to see all those brits win.Sad about Hannah!

Paul who do you think will win out of Karen and amanda tomorrow!

·
Registered
10,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Karen has learnt ALOT from ehr 6-0 6-0 gubbing a couple of weeks ago. She knows what she has to do, and she is gonna do it.

I don't know if she will win, but it'll be alot closer than last time I can assure you.

Amanda loves pace, so Karen isn't going to give her any, so is gonna spin the ball more, and go for teh angles.

That's what Chantal did against Amanda - and seh won!

I don't know if it will work, but at least she is going for it!

Doubles sign-in closes on teh Monday, so players enter expecting to go far in the singles. However of they loose (and especially if they have an event to play the next week), they just want to get away to prepare.

As alot of girls are away to Europe, very few even entered the doubles. Lots enteerd last week, as pretty much all teh girls were headed here, and qualies ebgan on monday, giving them that littel bit extra time if they needed it :)

BTW - on court, Elke is the spitting image of Kim, with the cap and rackets. But off it, they are totally different, and IMO, Elke is hotter. Shame she's got a boyfriend though ;)

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
Thanks for the reports Paul.

Well done Amanda and Anna :) I really hope Karen can win tomorrow though, would be really nice for her to keep on winning.

Lol, yeah I'd definitely agree with you about Elke and Kim being a spitting image on court. I haven't seen Elke without a cap on though, so I can't make a judgement about the other thing :p

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
thanx Paul for the report

Only thing about Irina's eyes that could be is that I think she wears contacts.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
paul_masterton said:
BTW - on court, Elke is the spitting image of Kim, with the cap and rackets. But off it, they are totally different, and IMO, Elke is hotter. Shame she's got a boyfriend though ;)
Just curious, any idea who he is? A tennis player?

:rolleyes: @ the doubles matches

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Thanks again for the reports Paul, really appreciate them!

Solid win for Jaslyn, all good for the confidence! And she will need it with her next match! Jane will be tough.

Nice to see Daniela Salomon reach a Q/F even if it is by walkover. Cant see her getting much higher in the ranks, she has no idea how to construct a point, her game is very one dimensional!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Pdm1987 said:
Is Trueman, Christine's married name, and her maiden name Janes, like Amanda Janes?
No, It's the other way round!
She played as Christine Trueman, winning RG in 1959* and losing the Wimbledon final (to Angela Mortimer) in 1961. She also won titles in Italy and South Africa.
She later married Gerry Janes, who played Rugby for Wasps.

*She was the youngest French Open winner until a certain Miss S. Graf came along!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts