Tennis Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I hoped that Silva and Hoyt's TBA match would get one of the really big courts, but it ended up on Court 2.

They were up in both sets, and in the second set tiebreak, but Dodig and Chan had the experience to play the big points better, and they lost, 5-7. 6-7.

Still, it was a great week for them.

·
Registered
43,977 Posts
Nice to see a thread for Eden on here. I have been in Lux this weekend and got to watch both of her matches. Parts of it against Muntean and then the whole match against Niculescu today and I was very positively surprised.

I saw the end of the first set against Muntean and was quite surprised by the level of play. As it was an intense battle and both playing with some good variety. I was slightly cautious as I thought maybe I just feel that way because they have a similar level, but Eden played a really good first set today. She dealt with Monica‘s slices so well and frequently attacked the net and some of the exchanges between them were really fun and great tennis. Monica was erratic, but that should not take away from Eden‘s level. :yeah:
But two things were very obvious. Eden has to work on her mental game. She was up 40-0 on her own serve at 2-2 in the second set to be the first player to hold serve, but she missed one really good chance I think at 40-15 and then she lost it. She lost a few games mainly on her own and that gave Monica the confidence needed and then when Eden was back in it Monica was too strong!

She also needs to work on her court coverage at the net. She seemed to have no feeling where Monica was in the court. Then she could also do with a bit more net clearance. She played close to the net cord too many times resulting in lots of netted shots.

I saw her briefly against Martincova in Nottingham 2017 and she has improved tremendously since then even though my memory is very vague and I did not see too much of that match. :p

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
Great to see Eden getting some results in singles... I mean considering her ranking, taking a very experienced player like Niculescu to 3 sets is pretty impressive.

She is in the Luxembourg doubles draw with Naomi B. Very interesting pairing! :cool: Their first match is against Knoll and Minella, who won a 60k together in September...so quite a tough match. But thinking of Eden and Naomi's games, they should match well together.

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
In Lyon, Eden and Sarah Beth Grey df. second seeds Krunic and Srebotnik, 62 61!:oops:

Really impressive result. Could they be the new Raith??? :unsure: I hope so!!

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
In Lyon, Eden and Sarah Beth Grey df. second seeds Krunic and Srebotnik, 62 61!:oops:

Really impressive result. Could they be the new Raith??? :unsure: I hope so!!
The ATP/WTA live score app has the result the other way round?!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
The ATP/WTA live score app has the result the other way round?!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

LOL! Massive fail by me...:cry: It was early in the morning, and I just didn't read Resultina properly.

Well.. at least they got to play a WTA event... :LOL:

·
Registered
54,074 Posts

www.instagram.com/p/CAIroaXAZ5J/

Eden Silva

May 13, 2020

“I was at a 10K in Italy, in 2015. I served and volleyed and went to turn. At that moment, I didn't know. It was very painful, but we went to the hospital straight away, and they did an X-ray. They said it's all fine. A few days later, I still wasn't able to walk and I knew something wasn't right. I had a MRI and they confirmed it was a full cruciate ligament tear. As I went back into the surgeon's office and he told me-- it sounds like a movie, but everything around me went blurry and I couldn't--- I didn't hear anything he said after that."

My rehab went well, but then I had an ear infection. It was really swollen and infected. They had to operate on it. I was in the hospital with an IV drip because the infection got really bad. After they operated on it, I wasn't able to sweat. I needed to keep the area dry and clean. I wasn't able to train for three months after that. If it wasn't for my family and friends, I think a lot of the time I just wouldn't have even been able to be bothered to get out of bed.

It just got to the stage where it was just one thing after another. When that happened with the ear I was just like, ‘I can't. This is too much now. I really don't think that I deserve this luck.’ I was lucky to have my mom and dad. They were saying that this is all a phase. Just need to get through it and you'd be back on track before you know it. Whenever I get a small injury I remember how strong my mind was back then and I know that I can get through it. I'm lucky to have a good physio and massage therapy team around me who constantly help to keep my body and injuries at bay. I've got confidence in them, so it gives confidence in me.

It is tough when you get to that stage where you feel like the only thing you are is a tennis player. When it gets taken away from you, then you start to question. You don't know what to do with yourself once tennis has been taken away. But there is Eden the tennis player and then there is Eden the person who is also a sister, a best friend and a daughter. I got in touch with all those other things. Sometimes us athletes forget that it's our life.”
Eden Silva (edensilva)

Reactions: Mike_T
121 - 129 of 129 Posts