Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone!! :wavey:
couldn't access the internet for a while, so of course i missed this initiative badly ;)
despite that bagel against sharapova, i think it was nice to see marie win a couple of matches on grass (she only played one match on this surface last year (1st round wimbledon), which she lost). so maybe she can do well at eastbourne. anyway, here's the qualifying draw:

QUALIFYING DRAW

(1) Serna v (WC) Janes
Cargill v Randriantefy
Torrens Valero v (WC) Pullin
Reeves v (6) Molik

(2) Granville v Ondraskova
Obata v Perebiynis
Lee-Waters v (WC) O'Donoghue
Camerin v (8) Craybas

(3) Mikaelian v Talaja
Dominikovic v Poutchek
Garbin v Foretz
Morigami v (5) Bedanova

(4) Frazier v Roesch
Rodionova v An Serra Zanetti
Koulikovskaya v Razzano
(WC) Baltacha v (7) Gagliardi

so what do you all think about this draw? it doesn't look too bad to me. in fact if marie should win her first 2 matches, she would face daja for the 3rd time this year :eek: !! but daja reached SF last year, and i'm sure she'll fight strongly to defend at least some of those points.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
pff she plays the most stupid grass tourney there is :p She should have come to Rosmalen, no quallies there ;) :D

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
I'm told it's like this: (as you know) the Mikaelians moved to SUI from ARM when Marie was a child prodigy. They didn't get financial support from the SUI Fed. while the Casanova's did for Myriam (and even Dani). While they don't openly talk about it much, they reportedly feel that ethnic discrimination was involved. Check the ITF records and you'll see that MGM wound up playing Jr's as an Armenian, though a Swiss resident. She dosen't have a full time personal coach (just one when she's in an event) largely because Papa is still waiting for the SUI Fed. to equalize things with what the Casanova's got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts