Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of a tournament is eastbourne, is it worth going to it. i am half thinking of going to it

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
I would love to go to Eastbourne. They always have some of the top players battling it out on the grass... it would be great to see!

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Windy

·
Banned
14,999 Posts
i thinkn it's a good tournament. pretty decent for Tier II field.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Eastbourne is a fab tennis event. There is always a good entry - Kim is down to play apparently but others will follow - and the setting is lovely. Once the tennis is over, you can stroll down the promenade (no, it isn't always windy) and have some good food at one of the many different types of restaurants, along with most of the players who eat out during the week.

·
Premium Member
182,035 Posts

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
I am up for it this year - always a good field for Tier II and it's played on GRASS.

Just push the windy old-codgers out the way to get the best seats. :D

·
Registered
54,711 Posts
I was there in 2004 and it was great. It's a beautiful park with beautiful courts and the players are all easy to see:)

·
Premium Member
7,246 Posts
I was told that many stalkers, weirdos, freaks and codgers regularly visit this tournament, so I wouldn't recommend it. Yours the choice though.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,023 Posts
I was told that many stalkers, weirdos, freaks and codgers regularly visit this tournament, so I wouldn't recommend it. Yours the choice though.

I just bought my tickets! What are you trying to say about me?

I suppose at 38 I could be seen as a codger by some here! And I suppose I'm a bit of a freak, but no more than anyone else!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Its well worth going to. Like most places it can suffer from the odd spot of rain, it also can be really windy at times. But good players, and a sunny day and its perfect. I prefer it to Wimbledon personally and I've been two both for 5 years.

In short, if you have the opportunity, GO!

·
Premium Member
7,246 Posts
I just bought my tickets! What are you trying to say about me?

I suppose at 38 I could be seen as a codger by some here! And I suppose I'm a bit of a freak, but no more than anyone else!
I am not trying to say anything about you because apparently we haven't been introduced to each other yet, so I can't really say whether any of the said terms would accurately describe your personality. Besides I wrote I had been told, not that I know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts