Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Everything Fades Away
129,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :wavey:

If anyone of you has already ticks for Eastbourne could you please tell me which are the court-sides. I mean which is west, east, north, south. I´d like to sit behind the players seats and dunno which side is that. I wanna order ticks, but dunno the sides. :eek: Please help me. Thanx a lot! :wavey:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Hopefully someone with better geographic sense will tell you the answer. My best guess is West but I am very good at getting lost. http://eastbourne.lta.org.uk/hc_01home.htm is not very helpful and I can't find an old brochure with the map in it. There is a phone number if no one helps.
The stand behind the players seats is the concrete one with the roof covering the last few rows. My experience has been that if you sit there you need to prepare for arctic conditions as the usual freezing Eastbourne weather (except when it is hot) is compounded by the top of the Stand and its shadows casting you into a cold zone where the sun does not enter. At least on the other stands some radiation may reach you. I don't think you are that close to the players either as they had large gaps and rows of disabled people (not uncommon in Eastbourne) between you and the players. I would buy the opposite stand myself, but thats me - the view is great if you don't go to far up and there is a possibility of warmth.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
.....found an old leaflet from Eastbourne... ;)

The West stand is the stand with a little shelter I think, it is also the one behind the Umpire's chair and the players' seats, (and probably the best place to sit if you're an autograph hunter, as this is where the players enter and exit the court! :D The phone number on last year's ticket brochure is: 01323 412000. (Please ignore the 'red arrow' on the pic, that's just my doodling!) If you prefer to look 'down the court' I think the North stand is best as you are closer to the players than you are in the South stand. Hope this helps! :D

·
Everything Fades Away
129,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you soo much! :D Did you buy ticks for the East stand? What means those things "DISABLED!" :confused:
I dunno how far I sit from the court in the west side. I´d like an autograph, but if the gap between seats and court is bigger than on the east side is it worth? :confused: I need a close view on the court :) . :wavey:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ask when you ring up - they are happy to answer questions.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
If your after players autographs, your better off watching them on the practise courts, which are easily accessable:)

Also the East & West stands sell out pretty quick from the QFs onwards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts