·
Premium Member
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great match judging from the last set I saw. :yeah:

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Polona :hug: Played like sh*t in first set with 0 winners. :lol: Second set was much much better especially from 3-4 down she was playing outstanding. :worship: In decider she was just down so fast 0-4 otherwise it could be interesting. Overall good performance by Polona who is supposed to be claycouter only. :p This season she is really playing pretty solid on all surfaces. She is winning matches she is suppossed to and making a lot of troubles to top players (but not beating them yet). If she can continue like this I could see her breaking back to top 50 till end of year again. :)

Simona just being Simona. Very strong from baseline not missing much. :) Kerber - Halep can be great match. :yeah:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I could only watch set 1 and it was pure poetry from Simona, so I'm actually surprised she had to go the distance. Did she drop her level or did Polona raise hers?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Polona robbed here, she played superb in set 2

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
I could only watch set 1 and it was pure poetry from Simona, so I'm actually surprised she had to go the distance. Did she drop her level or did Polona raise hers?
Bit of both in my opinion.But Polona is having a quietly decent season - think overall she will be pretty pleased with her performance here.

·
Premium Member
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't seen that first set but all they can say to underrate it is that Hercog has 0 winner, totally neglecting the amazing depth of Halep's strokes.

I'm still amazed at how deep she can play, considering her size. She served well too. Halep is an admirable athlete, strong legs and shoulders. Hercog looked great too. She may just need a more reliable backhand.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Halep played better overall.
Best player won.
her disaster in set 2 says otherwise, one moment was hilarious where she couldn't hit the ball back from Polona's smash, just barely missing it :haha:

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
The birds are back at Eastbourne.
I thought this might be the year when one of the giant seagulls would swoop down and grab pint sized Poots and fly away. No doubt with Poots kicking, waving her arms and demanding the chair call a "let".
But, Poots pooped out of the event in the 2nd round, so the birds missed out.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I'm guessing you didn't watch Polona's embarrassment of a first set, then?
that wasn't that bad for a far lower ranked player, who also came into this tournament as qualifier

unlike Halep who plays more like she's below top 100 rather than a top 10 player

·
Registered
803 Posts
her disaster in set 2 says otherwise, one moment was hilarious where she couldn't hit the ball back from Polona's smash, just barely missing it :haha:
By definition, the best player wins the match.
Polona was better for one set, Halep for the remaining two.
Therefore, Halep was the better player and deserved to win.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I'm guessing you didn't watch Polona's embarrassment of a first set, then?
that wasn't that bad for a far lower ranked player, who also came into this tournament as qualifier

unlike Halep who plays more like she's below top 100 rather than a top 10 player
You really are a weirdo. So many times in the past I saw you in the subforum praising Simona and now you became her biggest hater.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
You really are a weirdo. So many times in the past I saw you in the subforum praising Simona and now you became her biggest hater.
insulting me :lol:

i just see it crystal clear now, no longer those pink glasses on

i care about WTA in general, and Halep has made the tour weak, but thank god we got some good talent breaking through now (ofc not perfect to start with but the potential is there with many)

·
Premium Member
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i care about WTA in general, and Halep has made the tour weak, but thank god we got some good talent breaking through now (ofc not perfect to start with but the potential is there with many)
The person above didn't insult you but you would deserve to be insulted with such bullshit. :grin2:

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
I am afraid by the time Halep gets to Wimbledon R3, she'll be exhausted.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
insulting me :lol:

i just see it crystal clear now, no longer those pink glasses on

Why do you think it is necessary to prove that you are an idiot? :baby:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts