Registered
115,529 Posts
Re: Eastbourne R2: S.Halep def. S.W.Hsieh 6-0 6-2

Hercog next. Possibly Kerber in a QF

·
Registered
3,284 Posts

That was a great attacking performance from Halep. She was hitting winners for fun. Hsieh didn't stand a chance against this version of Halep.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Sweet revenge, pity that wasn't in first rounds of Wimby grass!

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts

Unless she draws Serena early, I have a feeling that Halep is going to have a good Wimbledon.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts

Halep was so good today. She's much fresher coming into the grass season this year which probably helped her cruise.

I thought SW might be tired after her doubles exploits last week and the long ass Giorgi match, but she actually moved quite well, just didn't get her ground game working at all until that very last game (saved 3 MPs and brought up 3 BPs but couldn't take them). So many netted balls. I would have liked a few more wins going into Wimbledon points defence but this was a tough draw, hopefully she can be more fortunate in London. :)

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Simona is very inconsistent lately, I can only imagine how nervous inside she was when she faced Anisimova in RG.
Great performance today like vs Iga.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

Too easy for the absolute KWEEEEN. Hope she pulls out for the QF here, playing Kerber isn't something you want to do here I'd think
Why? Wozniacki beat Kerber here last year, it's not like she's invincible on grass. Also these two have always had great matches, why would you not want to see anther one, regardless who wins.

And another thing, the score was 6-2 6-0, not 6-0 6-2, maybe someone can fix that in the title.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

I didn't watch this but how is Halep able to bagel her and Giorgi lose to her? My only guess is Hsieh can feed off Giorgi's power and can't do the same off Halep. Sometimes it's good to have less natural power.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts

Halep wasted her energy on the last game more than the entire match. :eek:
PLEASE, correct the title. The match result was 6-2 6-0, and at least in Halep's case this is a big difference. (I'm not going to explain it, though.)

·
Registered
14,708 Posts

Unless she draws Serena early, I have a feeling that Halep is going to have a good Wimbledon.
I don't know why people think Serena is such a threat, her movement is still greatly hampered due to a bum knee, anyway, Simona with her attacking/first strike tennis was on full display, if she continues playing at this level I like her chances of going deep at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts

Love when a strong returner totally exposes Hsieh's puffball serve. Still can't believe she's allowed to get away with it at this level, it's so tragic, but also funny in its ridiculousness.

·
Premium Member
44,124 Posts

The score makes it sound like a revenge of sort

Well done Simona :)

·
Banned
15,175 Posts

OMG poor Su-Win... Must've been injured or ill... :hug:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts