Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge turnaround for Alona after that first set disaster, really reigned in her game and played with more margin but still hitting a lot of winners. Sloane didn't really look like she wanted to be there :shrug:

·
Registered
115,447 Posts
This was classic Ostapenko. Some crazy errors and some blasts that hit the chalk lines and were unreturnable

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Great win! 5th year in a row with a TOP 10 win for Ostapenko

Reactions: povanetto

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
It should have been 1-6 6-0 6-1, but she decided to make it "interesting" :lol:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sloane was a lot closer to winning that match than it looked, honestly. She was extremely close to escaping that service game and there wasn't a chance in hell that Jelena served that match out at 5-4.

Great job to Jelena for turning that around but her confidence is still completely shattered and Bencic will walk all over her if she escapes Alexandrova.

·
Registered
27,978 Posts
Blasted off the court in her last match on clay and the same story again with her first match on grass.....Sloane's regressed serve and movement makes her easy pickings for any attacking player these days on any surface.
Sven has so much work to do with her.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Jelena ! :worship:

A horrible first set with many UEs. But then very good tennis in next 2 sets :)

14 DFs :eek:

Sloane was quite weak and looked bored after the first set.

Jelena
22 Winners
40 UEs

Sloane
7 Winners
17 UEs

Typical Jelena
Typical Sloane

Jelena an absolute mess then suddenly turned it on.
Sloane looked like she couldn't be bothered after a while.
True :lol:

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Ostapenko is definitely on the up, she could surprise once again at Wimbledon. How incredible would it be if she actually ends up winning it. She made the QFs in 2017, SFs in 2018 and next up would be the final, right? Then again she beat Sloane on grass, no Kvitova, so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Ostapenko is definitely on the up, she could surprise once again at Wimbledon. How incredible would it be if she actually ends up winning it. She made the QFs in 2017, SFs in 2018 and next up would be the final, right? Then again she beat Sloane on grass, no Kvitova, so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.
Even I am not that optimistic about Penko, but she is playing a lot better on grass for sure.

She will be unseeded for Wimbledon, right? If she gets drawn vs. Barty or Kerber in the first round, then her Wimbledon will likely be over in a hurry. But almost all other seeds have to worry about her in the draw now.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts