·
Blighted and solo
43,970 Posts
Alize is aging beautifully :hearts:

Reactions: PLP and Perun

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
“I was just in Mallorca and the courts there are terrible.” :hysteric: Rude.

Actually a pretty good quality match considering both their pedigrees on grass (and their form coming in). Alize served for it at 5-4 but choked big time, two DFs and no first serves. I think having already having that nervous moment helped her be more solid in the TB than Elaine who was just missing too much and getting dropshotted to death.

Overall E was still not feeling as comfortable in her movement she couldn’t find the right balance between ballbashing and counterpunching against a player like Cornet.

·
Registered
15,028 Posts
I thought Cornet had blown this after having a MP serving for it at 5-4 and gifting two DF's, but she played a solid TB. Not a fan of Svitloina's game, esp on grass. I'm sure she's looking forward to those American hardcourts.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Poor Elina, but anw hoping that my favs get Elina in their part of the draw at Wimbledon.
Girl is almost walking bye

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Alize won thanks to dropshots, net play, she has nice game for grass. Elaine is just poor in that regard, she made horrible volley mistake in the TB.

Reactions: Perun and Matmagix

·
Registered
11,608 Posts
Horrible match. Svitolina is a shadow of her former self.
This is what they all said before her WTF win in Singapore.

She will probably get another plum slam draw and win numerous PM’s in the American hardcourt swing, she never completely goes away.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Alize needed this so much that she could have choked it away.
She pulled herself together in the TB though.

IMO, Elina is still not at 100% but she seems to be making more of an effort to be aggressive.
Injury recovery and operating outside her comfort zone will probably affect her results for a little while yet.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
What the heck did Monfils do to her? Lol.

Oh well. We all know her recent results are not quite an accurate representation.

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
A top 10 win for Alizé :cheer:

Poor Elina though :hug:

It would be tough if she couldn't go to defend her Championships title which doesn't look good at the moment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts