Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a grass debut in 2019 and in a WTA MD for Tamara. :hysteric:
She was down 4-6 3-*5 and saved three MPs on Carla‘s serve and then at *2-5 in the third set she saved another two MPs. Once she held for 3-5 she only lost two more points and won the last 11 points of the match. :eek:
Certainly one of the best wins of her career by ranking as well. :yeah: Hopefully this gives her some confidence as she has barely any experience on grass on playing Wimbledon qualifying twice so far.
She is probably the perfect opponent for Aryna next round to get some groove back.

Carla :hug: Horrible way to lose for her!

·
Registered
18,934 Posts
Carla is done as a Top 30 player.
Sorribes will be the second best Spanish player in a few months.. I said this one month ago.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Yesss, great win! :worship::worship:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
The number of momentum shifts in this match :SNE:

Tamara was 4-2 up in set 1, and lost it 4-6. Then Carla was 5-3 up in set 2, had 3 MPs, and lost it 5-7. Set 3 Tamara went 2-0 up, then lost next 5 games and had to save 2 more MPs at 2-5, ended up winning the last 5 games.

Great win for Tamara in her first official MD match on grass :yeah:

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
All three 1HBH lost their matches today.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Unless you're Federer OHB don't cut it on grass

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Wow Tamara. :eek: I checked livescores when she was 3-5 and match point down and thought: oh well better luck next time. Then I checked scoreboard again and saw she was up 2-1 in 3rd and again when she was down 2-5 in 3rd. No idea how she won that match especially considering her gamestyle I would say grass is probablly her weakest surface. Happy for Tamara though. :yeah: Hope she could upset Sabalenka as well ... will be interesting to see how she will be able to play against someone with so much power. Good luck :)

·
Banned
15,175 Posts
Gorl bye! :bigwave:

·
Registered
18,934 Posts
Carla is still a class above SST.
Carla is a class above, yes.
Did I say Sara is better player than Carla?
Don't mess with my words.
I said that Carla is gonna fall spots in the ranking soon and Sara is gonna rise quick because she doesn't defend too much the rest of the year.
It's a question of time not of hate or fanatism.

·
Registered
28,460 Posts
Carla is a class above, yes.
Did I say Sara is better player than Carla?
Don't mess with my words.
I said that Carla is gonna fall spots in the ranking soon and Sara is gonna rise quick because she doesn't defend too much the rest of the year.
It's a question of time not of hate or fanatism.
We’ll see. Carla is still ahead in the race (not by much though).

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
We’ll see. Carla is still ahead in the race (not by much though).
Barely 30 points, and Saritisima can catch more in the clay tournies post-Wimb.
But , instead, she has already 15 tournmnts counting , so she needs more than her usual second rounds.
Carla has more room to the new points, but maybe less chances if she continues slumping .
I think, indoor season will save Carla's ranking.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
CSN should be eternally grateful for Ostapenko choking in that Doha final. Otherwise she (probably) would've ended her career with 1 MM title :tape:

Such a waste of talent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts