Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite an entertaining match I'd say, satisfied with the result as a fan of Su-Wei. :) I thought Camila was better than one might have expected after such a long lay-off.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
I was entertained too until I became stressed out. :lol: Some truly brilliant rallies from both, but they were interspersed with the return of either DFmila (she cleaned it up in set 3 though), or Hsieh’s painful choking - she was up a 6-3 4-1 and had 40-0 in countless Giorgi service games without breaking. Finally got over the line in the very last game.

Good test for both though before they have to defend Wimbledon points, Hsieh looked relieved and happy to have come through a battle. :) Giorgi has lost none of her speed and power in the layoff. Still needs to develop a second serve though, and might want to watch the racquet throwing. She would hurl it about 20m across the court several times…. Naomi Broady might have been watching.

Hsieh gets Halep next, who will be much fresher this time around. Do your best! :armed:

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
It's a match of...

You win.
YOU win.
Youuuuu win.
YOU WIN.
YOUUUUUUUUU win.
YOU WIN!

A stressful two hours for spectators. All Hsieh does is slice (till the last game) and Camila DFs.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Giorgi much better than expected after such a long absence due to the wrist injury, but still not enough to win the match.
I can understand the weak serve due to the lack of practice, not at all the many UE that have gifted the match to Hsieh.

·
Registered
14,455 Posts
Painful choking from Su Were in the second set. At 2-2 in the final set Hsieh was in full prevent defense and they had some crazy long rallies. She should have closed this in an hour tops, now she'll have nothing left for Halep.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Su Wei!!! Though to be fair to Su Wei, I don't know if this particular instance was all her choking. Giorgi is a BBBBBBB! She can have hot and cold spells, no matter when...

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Well, nope. ...but I couldn't find an animated GIF with Simona slicing, and I've used this GIF with Monica slicing. ..and I was also thinking that Simona would need a slice like that. :grin2:
I've never seen Halep hit a slice.. I mean I'm sure it has happened but could be a bit like catching a glimpse of a lunar eclipse.

Hsieh is the queen of slice though. Anyone who tries to outslice her comes to an untimely demise.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've never seen Halep hit a slice.. I mean I'm sure it has happened but could be a bit like catching a glimpse of a lunar eclipse.

Hsieh is the queen of slice though. Anyone who tries to outslice her comes to an untimely demise.
Well, there are never more than 3 lunar eclipses a year, but I'm pretty sure Simona is using the slice more often!
...Monica outsliced Su Wei in Hua Hin this year, though.

·
Registered
38,801 Posts
Dammit Camila!! :explode:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts