Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caroline's first match win since the semis of Charleston.
She played 3 finals here, won Eastbourne twice. Very comfortable here when she's healthy
Petkovic next

·
Registered
745 Posts
Eastbourne R1: First Footfault Wozniacki d. Flipkens 6-3, 6-4

Good 'grass court' start from defending champion. Wozniacki controls a match with a great ground stroke and focus. Her slice backhand is working well on this surface. but need to work on a short ball more.

Flipkens has a good touch but lacks of consistency.

And hot topic of the day bout' Wozniacki' s footfault.

"I never had a foot fault in my life. This is not the first one" she said. I think she is very forgetful about her footfault situation. that happen before

https://youtu.be/va9F0dHInJI

but this time at Eastbourne I think she's right. It's not look like footfault for sure.

·
Registered
39,808 Posts
Re: Eastbourne R1: First Footfault Wozniacki d. Flipkens 6-3, 6-4

Good win for the defending champion she’s the darling of the tournament they love her here! Hoping for another good run!

Should be to consistent for Petkovic next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81,307 Posts
Good start for Caro. First match as a married woman. Happy! :cheer:

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
Flipkens was fun today but she turned it on a bit too late. :sad: Lots of errors and poor shot selection at the start. Great fight at the end though (she was 4-0 down in the second set and ended up saving multiple MPs in great fashion).

Defending champ served well at times but did not look that convincing to me, all those lapses in concentration. Even going up 6-3 she was broken twice and whining about her foot fault. Was doing surprisingly well in the slice-on-slice battles though, and has come through draws playing much worse than this before, so you never know.

Lovely exchange at the net (as usual with K-Flip). :)

·
Registered
112,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was not a good serving day for Caroline. When Caroline won set 1 in Paris 60 I was looking at her draw and thinking she might have a good major. Then she got worse and worse and lost
Here she was also getting worse and worse and Flipkens had a point for 55 in set 2. Carloine has got to focus and serve better.

·
Registered
81,307 Posts

·
Rest in peace Bally
15,155 Posts
Flipkens really on a decline. Worst grass season ever for her. :help:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Flipkens was looking a whole lot better towards the end of the match.
It would have been interesting if she managed to steal the second set.

This is the best showing from Wozniacki in a while, though.
She was looking more like herself in terms of movement.

·
Registered
112,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Considering she just got married, she did look sharp for a lot of this. Flipkens was once in a Wimbledon SF

1 - 19 of 19 Posts