Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
22,676 Posts
That's the type of level that can win you Wimbledon. Just outstanding play from Karolina.

Angie shouldn't be too upset. She had a very fine week. Ran into a player that was too good on the day.

·
Registered
12,505 Posts
Re: Eastbourne F: (2) Pliskova def. (4) Kerber 6-1 6-4

Bot was good but doubt Kerber would surrender that easily at Wimbledon.

Hsieh, Martic & Sevastova in her section for Wimbledon, we'll see how she fairs vs the flair players, normally struggles.

·
Registered
242 Posts

I love you Karo, what a marvellous spectacle,outstanding!It's your time girl, close the mouth to the haters and win that GS and grab that number 1,if you will play in this way you deserve it!!!

·
Premium Member
27,518 Posts

that’s how u should play Kerber on grass

Bot :hearts:

please continue this form in London :unsure:

·
Registered
18,846 Posts

Absolutely dominant performance from Karo. The first 10 games were all her. Angie tried to front some resistance, but losing the first serve of the second set, which she could have avoided, proved to be her downfall as Karo was basically unbreakable for most of the match. Fantastic tennis from Karo throughout. If she can maintain this form for a fortnight; she could definitely win Wimbledon.

·
Registered
23,253 Posts

if there was a deserved title this year look no further than this one. ridiculous level throughout the whole tourney, and ruthless performance in the final.
pojd, karo!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

Angie was not at her best, but Karo was simply marvelous! :inlove:

Too bad she wont hold on this form for Wimbledon :sad:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

One of the best performances by a female player so far this season.

Hit the ball incredibly well, defended incredibly well and moved incredibly well.

Fair play to Angie for staying in touching distance in that second set.

If Pliskova plays like that for the next two weeks then she wins Wimbledon; however when it comes to Wimbledon you can never rely on Pliskova.

·
Registered
34,396 Posts

That was a fantastic performance by Pliskova, conclusion to a perfect week. I'd say she was better in every department today. Angie wasn't great but just like yesterday I would definitely say it was more about Pliskova not letting her play better. To me it seemed like Pliskova's level declined a bit (still high, but in the first set she was getting to every single ball) in the end but her serve carried her through and prevented the momentum from shifting. Deserved title.

Angie is so nice at the net after all of her losses lately. :eek: Did she receive some handshake training by the WTA after that Andreescu incident or was it an eye-opener for her? :lol:

·
Registered
115,471 Posts

I thought this was easy money, as I said in the WWW thread. Pliskova takes this opponent seriously.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

What a final and what a week from Karo :hearts: she really brought out that form she bagelled Sloane in Singapore with (before that choke :tears:) in full force here. I really, really hope she can continue like this in Wimbledon, because it's hard to imagine many players beating her when she plays like that. But for now, I'm just happy with what she showed here and I guess we'll see next week :lol:

Also, I'm just laughing at Karo defending her titles... a year too late :lol:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Eastbourne F: (2) Pliskova def. (4) Kerber 6-1 6-4

Pliskova is on the easy side of the Wimbledon draw. She should cruise to the final.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
I love the sound of the ball on Pliskova's racquet. Such a clean "th-wack". Hardly misses too. Bet she would have been a sharp shooter or good poker player...or both in the olden days.

Reactions: amyd_1989

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
One the most dominant performances in an entire tournament for a while. The last time i remember that was this dominant was serena at the olympics.

Pliskova can have off days though and it really comes out of nowhere, thats always the worry for her.

·
Blighted and solo
43,980 Posts

Kaja! :cheer:

Please hold on to this form. :sobbing:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts

Likely best Kaplis ever, unfortunately in the wrong tournament :eek:h: watch her flop to Hsieh Su-wei at Wimbledon :hysteric:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts