30 Irina-Camelia Begu ROU 41
31 Maria Sakkari GRE 42
32 Sorana Cirstea ROU 43
33 Elena Vesnina RUS 44
34 Aryna Sabalenka BLR 45
35 Aleksandra Krunic SRB 46
36 Danielle Collins USA 47
37 Catherine Bellis USA 48

https://www.lta.org.uk/major-events/nature-valley-international/event-guide/player-entry-list/

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very good line up again. I look forward to seeing who the wildcards go to.
I'd probably expect Watson and Broady again and maybe Taylor and Boulter having one for Southsea, but I guess it will depend on how the previous WCs are handed out.

Some of the Dunne, Dart, Swan combo may well be in Wimbledon Qs that week.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Where is usually the cut for the qualies? Arruabarrena is 94 and is defending second round from the qualies... if she doesn't enter she will be out of the Top100.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Not just 4 years. The close gap between RG and Wimbledon causes more damage. For example Krejčíková, last year finalist of Nürnberg, didn't play this year to be able to play RG (still alive in doubles), qualified to lose in first round, but since the Wimbledon Q list cut off is in the middle of RG, she won't make it, although being rank 198 in the live rankings now, which would be enough after wild cards and withdrawals (initial cut off is 197 per relevant TF thread). There are probabyl more cases like that, this one I just know of and is quite evident and extremely unlucky.

·
Registered
43,879 Posts
Not just 4 years. The close gap between RG and Wimbledon causes more damage. For example Krejčíková, last year finalist of Nürnberg, didn't play this year to be able to play RG (still alive in doubles), qualified to lose in first round, but since the Wimbledon Q list cut off is in the middle of RG, she won't make it, although being rank 198 in the live rankings now, which would be enough after wild cards and withdrawals (initial cut off is 197 per relevant TF thread). There are probabyl more cases like that, this one I just know of and is quite evident and extremely unlucky.
Sadly it’s similar for Georgina Garcia Perez, whose ITF points came off the week of RG qualifying and who may miss out as well despite making R2 in RG. :eek:

·
Registered
15,578 Posts
@spiceboy by any chance we have the qualification entry list?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts