Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be so hard to quit smoking after 25 years, but compared to losing 30 pounds, it was a piece of cake. I'm on a very low carb diet. I take metabolic boosters and fat busters, exercise at least 30 minutes everyday and I've been on the plan for 16 days and I've only lost 5 pounds. I'm so frustrated. Anybody have any advice or encouragement? I've shortened my goal to 10 pounds and if I can get that off, I'll work on the next 10 pounds. But geeze this hard.

·
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
8,399 Posts
Denise4925 said:
I thought it would be so hard to quit smoking after 25 years, but compared to losing 30 pounds, it was a piece of cake. I'm on a very low carb diet. I take metabolic boosters and fat busters, exercise at least 30 minutes everyday and I've been on the plan for 16 days and I've only lost 5 pounds. I'm so frustrated. Anybody have any advice or encouragement? I've shortened my goal to 10 pounds and if I can get that off, I'll work on the next 10 pounds. But geeze this hard.
If you are on a low carb diet, eat your carbs during the day. Avoid carbs at night.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Different people lose different amounts of weight at different rates.

Your hard work will pay off in the end. Just stick at it. ;)

·
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
8,399 Posts
I've lost 30 lbs., become skinny and have a flat stomach now that I've quit eating carbs at night. I eat whatever I want during the day, but at night I avoid all carbohydrates. It's hard to do for the first month, but then it becomes habit. I will eat this way the rest of my life. It keeps me slender and it's awesome.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
I found it easier to lose weight, cos I never smoked.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I say low carbs, but I hardly eat any carbs at all, except for whole wheat bread, one slice three times a day. Only because I need the energy. Otherwise, I don't eat white bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, sugar, carrots, corn or anything that contains sugar or starches.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HilaryDuffFanboy said:
Different people lose different amounts of weight at different rates.

Your hard work will pay off in the end. Just stick at it. ;)
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
you've only been going 16 days. just be patient. these things take time.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
5 pounds in 16 days is actually pretty good :)

·
Registered
14,340 Posts
Most diets fail because people don't get the results they expect right away and they give up. Just hang in there. Coming from experience, give it more time. I'm very fit and slim now and where I want to be, but it took about 3 years of gradual weight loss and a lifestyle change to get there. Besides, even if you don't see the "results", you should realize you are taking big steps to becoming healthier (though I hope all the supplements/aids/fat burners you are taking are safe), and that's what really counts. :)

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Denise4925 said:
well you're only suppose to lose like 1-2 pounds a week. just stick with it

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
selking said:
well you're only suppose to lose like 1-2 pounds a week. just stick with it
Exactly. If you were loseing weight any quicker then it'd be bad

·
Banned
203 Posts
Denise4925 said:
Keep going :D

losing weight for me was alot easier then stopping the cancer stick, I geuss the simplicity is smoking is a hard habit to nut out, where as eating well and doing a few laps around the park, takes the will power (so does quitting the fag mind you)

Once you get into the habit of eating right and exercising, seems to be planted in your daily life activities! :)

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
Mr_Molik said:
you've only been going 16 days. just be patient. these things take time.
Patient? DENISE?
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
If you lost any more than five pounds in 16 days it would have all been water which you would simply gain back very soon. I would also ditch the fat burning pills, can't poss. be good for you. Go the nature slow way and you'll be looking sexy in no time.

Reactions: *JR*

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
When I quit smoking it was pretty easy. However, it was only after 6 years.

The first two weeks flew by. But then I started to get cravings during weeks 3-5. 3 months later, I don't need them.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
Denise4925 said:
Thirty minutes is a warmup, De, not a workout. Other than that, don't get discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!! :bounce:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
30 minutes for a workout may not seem like that long but it really just depends on the shape you're in. You don't want to start off doing like 2 hours a day and then burn out in a couple of weeks. 45-50 minutes would be a good increase with some of that time devoted to a quick warm up and stretching.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts