Registered
29,576 Posts
Vera Zvonareva
Marion Bartoli

:bigwave:

·
Registered
31,167 Posts
That in itself is a pretty good field :).

·
Registered
15,526 Posts
Li and Stosur have confirmed

World No.5 Li Na & World No. 6 Sam Stosur have both confirmed that they will play the Rogers Cup next August!

“It is hard to believe that this will be my first time playing in Montreal. I have heard nothing but good things about the city and the tournament, so I am anxious to get there,” commented Stosur. “I had a great run to the final last year in Toronto and I hope to give myself another shot at the title in 2012.”

·
Registered
31,167 Posts
Now they just need KvittyGOAT, Sarin, and Fransexa :D.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
Canada might not get a great field in 2012 since the tournament starts just a day after the Olympic tennis event in London ends :mad:

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
If I were a tennis player, I'd rather stay in London and relax for a few days and watch other sports but that's just me :p

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Stosur is here :eek:h:

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
48 MD
64 QD

how is this going to work? if the QD is 2 rounds that is 16Q :scratch:
they must be making it a 3 round QD this year in order to give lower ranked players a chance to play Q :eek:h:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
48 MD
64 QD

how is this going to work? if the QD is 2 rounds that is 16Q :scratch:
they must be making it a 3 round QD this year in order to give lower ranked players a chance to play Q :eek:h:
It works according to the table presented at p 44 in WTA 2012 Official Rulebook:

If the MD Size is 48 (= all 16 seeds R1 bye) then QD Size is 64 with eight Qualifiers [2011: MD Size 56 (= eight top tier seeds R1 bye); QD 48 (12 Qualifiers)]. As a consequence, there are only three (regular) [WC]s (p 62) and 37 MD direct acceptences (37 Direct Aceptences + 3 [WC]s + 8 Qualifiers = 48).

·
Registered
31,368 Posts
Ben Rothenberg ‏ @BenRothenberg
Hearing from a few people that multiple players are planning to skip Canada after Olympics and just do Cincy as their only US Open warm-up.

Montreal got screwed again.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ben Rothenberg ‏ @BenRothenberg
Hearing from a few people that multiple players are planning to skip Canada after Olympics and just do Cincy as their only US Open warm-up.

Montreal got screwed again.
Who's choice was it to swap the week's around, Canada or Cincinnati? (talking about playing the third and fourth events of the US Open series) Montreal has had disaster written all over this year. I don't think they will get the top 10 commitment at all. Players won't be interested, quite a few 'shock' losses.

Was actually thinking of going but it will be a waste of money. Going to San Diego (wasn't planning on going to the tournament just taking a holiday there but might as well go a couple of days).

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Some people will pull out or lose early but 8 out of the top 12 players is excellent considering the timing of the event. I doubt Serena will play here but nearly everyone else of note has entered.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
good thing it is 16 BYE so Na can still receive one :sobbing:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
37 players IN MD

Last IN is Simona Halep #42

No Serena, Schiavone, Medina Garrigues, Zakopalova and Pironkova

TOP ALTs Scheepers, Makarova, Martic, Hercog, Arvidsson

1 - 20 of 134 Posts