Tennis Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
180,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Auckland has received an exemption from the WTA to allow both to play. However, there's no guarantee now that Andreescu will be fit enough to appear. Fingers crossed that she fully recovers in time to participate, especially given the rapturous reception that she will receive after this year's efforts.
Btw, I has wondered since i read this, how can one tournament recive an exemption from WTA, if not all others Int. Series can ask and get the same?

·
Registered
82,699 Posts
Btw, I has wondered since i read this, how can one tournament recive an exemption from WTA, if not all others Int. Series can ask and get the same?
It is all about money..there is a rule for..if you wants more top players you have to offer more price money...

all years before Serena refused the Top Ten status..don´t know if she did it for 2020 too

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
180,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This was posted at the WTA site approx. 4 hours ago..... "The full field for the hard court tournament, which runs January 6-12, will be unveiled on Wednesday."

Kinda sudden isn't it or not to have a fully committed field this early?

Will WTA start to post the Lists? as they now on their new site has an Players Link...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Full list released this morning:

Bianca Andreescu (5)
Serena Williams (10)
Petra Matric (15)
Amanda Anisimova (24)
Julia Goerges (28)
Caroline Wozniacki (37)
Catherine Bellis (43)
Rebecca Peterseon (44)
Jelena Ostapenko (45)
Caroline Garcia (46
Alison Van Uytvanck (47)
Viktoria Kuzmova (52)
Svetlana Kuznetsova (54)
Carla Suárez Navarro (55)
Alizé Cornet (59)
Tamara Zidansek (63)
Lauren Davis (64)
Cori Gauff (68)
Daria Kasatkina (69)
Kirsten Flipkens (70)
Jil Teichmann (73)
Laura Siegemund (75)
Monica Puig (79)
Taylor Townsend (82)

·
Registered
311 Posts
So Townsend is going to fly all that distance for an International Event. Good for her! Maybe she will realize just how good she is!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts