Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Teliana Pereira said she'll play the WTAs in South America, but it'll be qualies. Does anyone know anyone else who'll play here? :wavey: And when is the entry list out?

·
Registered
19,968 Posts
the entry list will be out the first week of jan.
the only thing I know is that there will be 6 chileans in the qualy draw and 4 on MD :help:
pennetta and dulko are not sure of playing it but they are negotiating with the organizers.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts

·
Banned
13,295 Posts
Pfff . It´s gonna be a mug tournament, it seems :eek:

I can not understand how the organizers of the Movistar Open (same organizers of this tournament) wanna pay money for the most boring top 20 player(Tommy Robredo) and how they can not bring at least 1 top 20 player to this WTA tournament considering this fact (Boredo)

Another thing , I find pretty ridiculous pay guarantees to Dulko . I doubt that in another tournament she gets money just for showing- up

·
Registered
25,475 Posts
Will be one of the best tournaments of the 2008!
I imagine the entry list :hearts: :drool:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,886 Posts
the entry list will be out the first week of jan.
the only thing I know is that there will be 6 chileans in the qualy draw and 4 on MD :help:
pennetta and dulko are not sure of playing it but they are negotiating with the organizers.
:haha:
There are only 4 Chilean girls on the ranking:

548 (545) KOCH BENVENUTO, KARINA ANDREA CHI
669 (664) MIRANDA OTAROLA, MELISA CHI
822 (816) ROUX, GABRIELA CHI
917 (911) ARANCIBIA, CATALINA CHI

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
I doubt they will give all WC's to Chilean players. I think that they will spread it around South America. Koch-Benevuto can be thrilled that for the first time she will get a WC if not MD WC

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
camila silva is for sure a WC, koch may be one too since she is the chilean top 1.
Koch should have and will certainly have a main draw WC.
I also think they will give some wild cards to other South American... Chile doesn't have players in the top 400, so they should give a chance to an other South American with better chances to win a match.

Who is Camila Silva? A junior?

·
Vamorza!
46,227 Posts
Lists are out

Loit,Cibulkova and Shaughnessy are leading players.

Last entry is Koryttseva (#105)

qualies from King to Pelletier.

·
Registered
53,873 Posts
First and last year of this tournament :tape::help:
Viña del Mar has applied for this tournament again in 2009 in week 7 also ;)

Entry list is horrendous, Loit is top seed and Cibulkova and Shaughnessy are the next two seeds but as priority #2 and they are 1st and 2nd in qualies in Antwerp the very same week as 1st priority :help::help::help:

Lots of players in Viña del Mar MD entered here as 2nd priority also :tape:

5 players out of top 100 in MD already...this tournament is gonna make Bogotá look STRONG :lol:

·
Registered
53,873 Posts
BTW the organizers bought the rights for this tournament (and Bangalore's Tier II also) knowing they wouldn't get any player commitment from the WTA due to these late changes :tape:

·
Registered
53,873 Posts
3 players with Special Ranking also in the list:

SR #110 C. Fernández
SR #184 G. Gabba
SR #206 K. Bohmova

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
1st yr of new tourn is always a bit :eek:
if it gets good feedback from other players, 2009 will be better.

i guess they dont have to endure marcelo rios interviewing them on court just yet :haha:

1 - 20 of 267 Posts