Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Garcia is kind of asking a WC now, might get it if one of the other doesn't play I guess.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Garcia is kind of asking a WC now, might get it if one of the other doesn't play I guess.
She and Mladenovic were entitled for a direct entry, current cut off is 47 and they are not even between the alternates.
Why they didn't entered before?

·
Registered
78 Posts
She and Mladenovic were entitled for a direct entry, current cut off is 47 and they are not even between the alternates.
Why they didn't entered before?
Because Mladenovic was supposed to play Istanbul, Rome and had 1 week off before Roland Garros. She was stuck in New York for Istanbul and she didn't train before Rome so she withdrew.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yeah, they expected Istanbul+Rome to be enough. In the end Mladenovic did not play any because of what happened in US and Garcia lost early in both. It happens, that you want to play a tournament you didnt plan to because of different reasons. Let's see if Garcia will get a wc or not.

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
188,857 Posts
Alison Riske is Out.

Jil T. Is In

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
From the tournament site it looks like there will be some public on the stands, tickets are on sale.
I wonder if it is confirmed.
Since the qualifications start on Sunday I suppose that the Q draw (16 qualifiers?) will be made Saturday, possibly even the MD.

·
Registered
55,629 Posts
Q list

Zhang
Hsieh
Tomljanovic
Van Uytvanck
Pera
Blinkova
+ 2 QWC

Reactions: breadstal and Jow

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Zhang Shuai was #36 on the MD entry deadline (24 Sept). Obviously she was late for MD and now is in QD.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts