·
Registered
924 Posts
Doubles list? ?

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It's effectively Friday now and we still don't have much idea of the Wildcards. I suspect Bains will have one as she withdrew from Manchester much earlier in the week, but not sure if there will be 3 WCs, a Top 20 one, just use 2 and next in etc.

I'd imagine they will be giving Katie Swan and Harriet Dart as much time as possible to see if they are ready to play, but those going to Manchester won't know if the likes of Taylor, Lumsden, Burrage and Dunne will be getting WCs there or Nottingham which would be a bit annoying.

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
Is Konta playing here, Birmingham, Eastbourne and Wimbledon after semis of RG? That is nuts! Surely she must pull out of here if she has been offered a WC at Birmingham. Eastbourne is her home so she must play there. When will she have time to recover from RG, have a little break and then do some practice on grass?

I think the WCs must be in a flux because it looked like Boulter and Bains (cf Manchester list) but the Brit interest will be VERY thin if there is no Konta, Boulter or Watson. Maybe Raducanu will get a WC, she's not in Manchester list.

As you say, Swan and Dart have withdrawn from Manchester, maybe they are now going to get WCs into Nottingham to boost the Brits, if they are fit.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
doubles list?

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
188,901 Posts
Mandefald as we called it in Dansih :eek:

·
Registered
55,636 Posts
Last minute MD change

Giorgi OUT
Niculescu IN

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Christ, this field has been absolutely battered - Barty, Konta, Vondrousova, Giorgi, Buzarnescu, Strycova, Gavrilova, Diatchenko, Potapova all in the top 75. Obviously some of those were expected, but it's not that much stronger than the Surbiton W100 field now.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
MD WCs

Katie Swan
Naiktha Bains
Maia Lumsden

·
Premium Member
66,295 Posts
Xenia Knoll is playing here, despite Anna Smith is still out
Imagine a double team Knoll/Niculesu...with only sliced forehands. That would be my absolute dream team!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts