Radwanska and Stephens have committed.

·
Registered
23,855 Posts
how many WC has Genie had this year already? :help:

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Looks like Sam Stosur will make her comeback here after being out almost 3 months now with fractured right hand. It will be tough to come back from such a incapacitating injury I'm sure.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
That's good news but where did you hear this?
Sydney Herald yesterday:
Sam Stosur planning pre-US Open comeback

I don't think she will be ready to compete. She may just use it to see if she can go for a match without pain, before attempting the US Open. Judging from the quote below, and my own experience with hand injuries, I would guess there is at least a 70% chance she doesn't withdraw before (but may NOT be able to finish).

Stosur has been forced to hit with sponge-type balls and only graduated to normal tennis balls on Tuesday.

"It's getting there. It's been a slower recovery than I would have liked," she said.

"But I've been on court a lot more this week and I'm really going to start to pick it up and really push to get over to New York.

"I'm hoping for New Haven and I guess a lot more confidence that that extra week will give me for New York."

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a full qualifying entry list available? Trying to figure out if it would be worthwhile for me to try and make it out there on Friday evening.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a full qualifying entry list available? Trying to figure out if it would be worthwhile for me to try and make it out there on Friday evening.
Acc to coric.top

Anastasija Sevastova
Magdalena Rybarikova
Julia Goerges
Kristyna Pliskova
Katerina Siniakova
Ekaterina Makarova
Elise Mertens
Oceane Dodin
Yulia Putintseva
Mona Barthel
Naomi Osaka
Donna Vekic
Johanna Larsson
Sorana Cirstea
Ashleigh Barty
Irina-Camelia Begu
Natalia Vikhlyantseva
Shelby Rogers
Christina McHale
Tatjana Maria
Lara Arruabarrena
Carina Witthoeft
Marketa Vondrousova
Varvara Lepchenko
Monica Puig
Heather Watson
Nao Hibino
Beatriz Haddad Maia
Misaki Doi
Evgeniya Rodina
Camila Giorgi
Kirsten Flipkens
Magda Linette
Aleksandra Krunic
Sara Sorribes Tormo
Petra Martic
Ekaterina Alexandrova
Jana Cepelova
Maria Sakkari
Aliaksandra Sasnovich
Risa Ozaki
Pauline Parmentier

Alternates
Kurumi Nara
Ons Jabeur
Viktorija Golubic
Su-Wei Hsieh
Alison Van Uytvanck
Ana Bogdan
Kateryna Bondarenko
Julia Boserup
Barbora Krejcikova
Tsvetana Pironkova
Naomi Broady
Nicole Gibbs
Kayla Day

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
I don't think she will be ready to compete. She may just use it to see if she can go for a match without pain, before attempting the US Open. Judging from the quote below, and my own experience with hand injuries, I would guess there is at least a 70% chance she doesn't withdraw before (but may NOT be able to finish).
Some confirmation that Sam looks to be making her comeback here, although not entirely 'ready' but it's just great to have her back after being out for over 3 months!!! :bounce:

https://tennismash.com/2017/08/15/sam-stosur-fighting-back-fitness/

·
Registered
53,881 Posts

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
She withdrew from NH a couple of days ago
How weird as this article was published today? Very strange, and if that is so that is sad as it means she must have hit a set back in her recovery. :sad:

·
Registered
23,855 Posts
I sense so many withdrawals and LL scandals like last year :lol:

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,220 Posts
Acc to coric.top

Anastasija Sevastova
Magdalena Rybarikova
Julia Goerges
Kristyna Pliskova
Katerina Siniakova
Ekaterina Makarova
Elise Mertens
Oceane Dodin
Yulia Putintseva
Mona Barthel
Naomi Osaka
Donna Vekic
Johanna Larsson
Sorana Cirstea
Ashleigh Barty
Irina-Camelia Begu
Natalia Vikhlyantseva
Shelby Rogers
Christina McHale
Tatjana Maria
Lara Arruabarrena
Carina Witthoeft
Marketa Vondrousova
Varvara Lepchenko
Monica Puig
Heather Watson
Nao Hibino
Beatriz Haddad Maia
Misaki Doi
Evgeniya Rodina
Camila Giorgi
Kirsten Flipkens
Magda Linette
Aleksandra Krunic
Sara Sorribes Tormo
Petra Martic
Ekaterina Alexandrova
Jana Cepelova
Maria Sakkari
Aliaksandra Sasnovich
Risa Ozaki
Pauline Parmentier

Alternates
Kurumi Nara
Ons Jabeur
Viktorija Golubic
Su-Wei Hsieh
Alison Van Uytvanck
Ana Bogdan
Kateryna Bondarenko
Julia Boserup
Barbora Krejcikova
Tsvetana Pironkova
Naomi Broady
Nicole Gibbs
Kayla Day
There are plenty of events on the WTA tour that would be thrilled to have a player list of that quality as their main draw, let alone their qualifying draw. :eek:

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
There are plenty of events on the WTA tour that would be thrilled to have a player list of that quality as their main draw, let alone their qualifying draw. :eek:
That's why we always see that TBD spot next to New Haven on the calendar after Dallas got scraped :sobbing:

It's like Eastbourne. The mid/lower ranked players who are in USO MD would just enter Q to have more match-play as they could easily crash out QR1 in Toronto-Cincy :hysteric:

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
This is not only a very strong field, but also very balanced, I cannot see weak spots or "walking byes" as sometimes happens even in main draws.

It's hard to tell who is the weakest, maybe Maria and Ozaki, but it's very close.

And there are just six places available, a three round qualification tournament at this level is almost insane!

It is almost easier to get a semifinal in an International event (110 points) than get qualified here: 25 points !

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,220 Posts
This is not only a very strong field, but also very balanced, I cannot see weak spots or "walking byes" as sometimes happens even in main draws.

It's hard to tell who is the weakest, maybe Maria and Ozaki, but it's very close.

And there are just six places available, a three round qualification tournament at this level is almost insane!

It is almost easier to get a semifinal in an International event (110 points) than get qualified here: 25 points !
Exactly. Anyone who gets through this qualifying event will have deserved a hell of a lot more than 25 ranking points, that's for sure.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts