Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Well I have heard earlier in January that the top ten had to choose if they were going to play either Paris or Stuttgart? But since Jankovic also played Paris I don't know. I know for sure Serena is not going to play this tournament, since she is already playing Charleston,Marlberra or something like that, Rome and Madrid. As for Venus I'd say there could be a great chance of Venus competing here, I hope she is going to play Charleston(already confirmed) Stuttgart and Madrid (confirmed).

·
Registered
31,091 Posts
Well I have heard earlier in January that the top ten had to choose if they were going to play either Paris or Stuttgart? But since Jankovic also played Paris I don't know. I know for sure Serena is not going to play this tournament, since she is already playing Charleston,Marlberra or something like that, Rome and Madrid. As for Venus I'd say there could be a great chance of Venus competing here, I hope she is going to play Charleston(already confirmed) Stuttgart and Madrid (confirmed).
They can play both, they just have to play one.

JJ will play :lol:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Will the winner still get a Porsche car, I'm asking this because now it is a different tournament as well, so that's why! Thanks in advance for answering!

·
Registered
18,419 Posts
Will the winner still get a Porsche car, I'm asking this because now it is a different tournament as well, so that's why! Thanks in advance for answering!
Yes, from what I've heard, cause it is still the Porsche Cup of course :)

And to commitments: Venus also plays it I guess, because she didn't play Open Ganz de France in Paris.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
Russians?

·
Registered
31,091 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
According to a new press release on the website of PTGP (March 2nd) the following stars have acknowledged to participate here:

JJ, Dinara Safina, Elena Dementieva, Vera Zvonareva, Sveta Kuznesova, Aga Radwanska, Daniela Hantuchova :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Winners have to choose between the car and the prize money, which is usually about the same as the list price of the car. This, of course, is a silly marketing error by Porsche; they should want young ladies like Justine Henin driving a Porsche (Jelena Jankovic already owned one before she won last year).

CHANGE: At the 2009 tourney, Svetlana Kuznetsova was awarded the prize money PLUS the car, a change from recent years. Of course, they also switched to a lower-price Porsche, a Boxster instead of the 911s they had previously offered the winners instead of the cash.

tennis.quickfound.net tourney page: Stuttgart & Fes 2009

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Or perhaps Venus will not be playing this tournament and chose to play in the tournament of Warsaw since she really enjoys playing there. But we will see what is going to happen, I think there is still time left for the players to sign up for this tournament right?

·
Registered
916 Posts
No I think the rule is that they have to play 2 out of: Paris, Stanford, Los Angeles & Stuttgart :shrug:
That is correct, except you left out Charleston.
Top 10 players and Marquee players (which are non-Top 10 players chosen by a vote of the 5 "Premier 700" tourney directors) must play 2 of Paris, Stanford, Los Angeles, Stuttgart and Charleston.

Top ten players must also play 4 of the 5 "Premier 5" tourneys: Cincinnati, Dubai, Rome, Tokyo, Toronto.

2009 WTA Rules, a 448-page .pdf

Get Google Satellite Photo-Maps of the venues, local weather & time, results with photos & quotes, most important links, etc., at: tennis.quickfound.net Stuttgart & Fes 2009.

Very witty, Martina, very, very witty...

1 - 20 of 142 Posts