Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
I heard of it too. Good for Turkish league! Manon is a great player and very pretty too. She didn't have many chances to prove her value when she played in Asystel but she definitely did so in WGP'06 qualies.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
64,781 Posts
You mean she is going to play in the Turkish league, not that she is going to play for Turkey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,078 Posts
CooCooCachoo said:
You mean she is going to play in the Turkish league, not that she is going to play for Turkey.
Exactly. Why would she play for Turkey anyway?
But I heard Lioubov Sokolova-Kilic might play for Turkey, as she's married to a Turkish guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,118 Posts
Well, Sokolova would help a lot the Turkish team..
I hope she can play for them..
Even tho' the Russian team would miss her a lot..
Since EVERY ATTACK on the Russian team, is based on Sokolova and Gamova!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Nope, Killic won't play for Turkey. Since Karpol is gone as Russian coach she'll definitely come back to the national team. I think we'll see her in Russian team during upcoming Euro Champs in Croatia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
I know she CAN but I don't think she WILL. You have good player in Turkish national team, Natalia and Demir. Turkish team has a great potential, you are Euro Champs 2003 runner-up after all ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
forever_rafter said:
I know she CAN but I don't think she WILL. You have good player in Turkish national team, Natalia and Demir. Turkish team has a great potential, you are Euro Champs 2003 runner-up after all ;)
yes you are right but we have a player who is injured . we miss her much. Her name is esra. also Ozlem Ozcelik is going to Moscow. we lose a very good player.

btw, if liubow is in our team, we will be stronger. This year, European Champs will be so hard. Since Turkey's group is so hard. the other group is weaker.

by the way, good luck to Poland in Varna. we sent Ukraine from our group :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,078 Posts
forever_rafter said:
I know she CAN but I don't think she WILL. You have good player in Turkish national team, Natalia and Demir. Turkish team has a great potential, you are Euro Champs 2003 runner-up after all ;)
Hanikoglu is over the hill. She won't be of much help in the future, I'm afraid. Demir is great, yes, but she needs to go to Italian league to continue her improvement.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
17,913 Posts
Sokolova CAN'T play for Turkey at least for one more year, since there's a rule in FIVB that doesn't allow a player to play for another national team in less than 2 years since her last match for her current national team :p

I know that cuz in 2002 Pirv, who's from Romania, wanted to play under the Brazilian flag in the Olympics (last year) and she'd have to miss the World Championships in Germany that year if she wanted to do that. Since she played the tournament, she gave up on changing her nationality :p

I was scared when I first read this thread :lol:, why the hell would Manon :hearts:, the future of the Dutch team, play for Turkey? :p

I just don't understand how come the Netherlands didn't qualify to next year's GP :rolleyes:, such an inconsistent team :mad:. Leferink should be back :bounce:, she's sooooooooooo talented, tho she's short.

Does anybody here know if she's coming back for next year's World Championships? :wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hantuchov said:
Sokolova CAN'T play for Turkey at least for one more year, since there's a rule in FIVB that doesn't allow a player to play for another national team in less than 2 years since her last match for her current national team :p

I know that cuz in 2002 Pirv, who's from Romania, wanted to play under the Brazilian flag in the Olympics (last year) and she'd have to miss the World Championships in Germany that year if she wanted to do that. Since she played the tournament, she gave up on changing her nationality :p

I was scared when I first read this thread :lol:, why the hell would Manon :hearts:, the future of the Dutch team, play for Turkey? :p

I just don't understand how come the Netherlands didn't qualify to next year's GP :rolleyes:, such an inconsistent team :mad:. Leferink should be back :bounce:, she's sooooooooooo talented, tho she's short.

Does anybody here know if she's coming back for next year's World Championships? :wavey:
dont have any idea
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
6,790 Posts
Demir :hearts:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Joana said:
Hanikoglu is over the hill. She won't be of much help in the future, I'm afraid. Demir is great, yes, but she needs to go to Italian league to continue her improvement.
neslihan demir may not be in another country since Turkey and only Italia gives good money in Volleyball. So it is beter to stay in Turkey. but we have a player in Italia :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
good luck to Poland in Varna. we sent Ukraine from our group
I hope we'll qualify, it's better for us to have Ukraine instead of Belgium in warna. On the other hand, Poland vs Belgium would be interesting, a clash of tow great friends, Glinka and De Carne. But it wasn't meant to be...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
in Universiade Neslihan Demir, Nedime Elif Ağca, Deniz Hakyemez, Seda Tokatlıoğlu and some well known players are playing. We can be the champion easly :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,796 Posts
Becool said:
Well, Sokolova would help a lot the Turkish team..
I hope she can play for them..
Even tho' the Russian team would miss her a lot..
Since EVERY ATTACK on the Russian team, is based on Sokolova and Gamova!
Ekatarina Gamova :hearts: When she's omething like 2,08m, we can undertsand why she's good :lol: But she's my favourite volley player :hearts:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top