Banned
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QF line-up :

S.Williams v A.Ivanovic
E.Dementieva v V.Williams
E.Vesnina v K.Kanepi
V.Zvonareva v V.Razzano

The top half includes reigning US and Oz Opens champion, reigning Wimbledon and YEC champion, reigning Roland Garros champion and reigning Olympic champion who have won 18 GS titles, reached 13 GS finals, 12 semifinals and 26 quarterfinals and won two Olympic gold medals and 59 tier I/II titles combined. And only one of them will get to the final.
At the same time the bottom half consists of players who have never won a single tier II title and reached only one GS semifinal and two quarterfinals.

I don't think I have ever seen such unbalanced draw at any big tournament... :help:

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Yea, its pretty sad. The winner will definitely come from the top half, named Williams..

·
Isha > Your fave
26,632 Posts
Aus open Draw was the same (though not all the seeds managed to reach the QF, but the base draw was almost the same) Only difference is, instead of the reigning RG champ, there was former US open champ in the WS-Lena half.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
yep vera will reach another big final and lose.

·
-
26,864 Posts
I soo hope Vera is going to make the final :help:

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But seriously it's crazy that the reigning champions of all slams, YEC, Olympics, Miami and Indian Wells all are in the same half of the draw.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's so stupid to complain about the draws all the time. #1 goes on one side # 2 on the other , #3 and #4 on seperate halfs, if Venus was #2 then she would be seeded on the opposite side of Serena, Also in this particular tournament Jelena , Svetlana, and Dinara were all upset by lower ranked players.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
It's so stupid to complain about the draws all the time. #1 goes on one side # 2 on the other , #3 and #4 on seperate halfs, if Venus was #2 then she would be seeded on the opposite side of Serena, Also in this particular tournament Jelena , Svetlana, and Dinara were all upset by lower ranked players.
Good point.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
S.Williams v A.Ivanovic
E.Dementieva v V.Williams

That could be the semifina lineup of a Grand Slam.

The other half could be the first round. :eek:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The draws at the Aussie Open, and here in Dubai have been pretty one sided from the start. Any draw though with Safina, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, and Jankovic on the same half as the top seeds is a recipe for disaster for the final rounds at tournaments.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts