Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp. Brady was back to scrub mode and had no answer for Halep today.
The final should be fun if Rybakina still has something left in her tank.

·
Registered
365 Posts
MASTERPIECE TODAY FROM THE ROMANIAN!

Halep today = best version of Nadal in ATP (when she plays like this of course)

Sadly that non-powerful fluke won the Australian Open.

Brady didn't know what hit her today!

I love aggressive Halep, this is how she should play, without fear! She has the power in forehand, her backhand is awesome too.

The American in running everytime! Halep brought her to desperation. Simona hit winners, served well, played long...

Halep fixed Jennifer in that part of the court. Huge endurance from Halepeno. Wall Simona was hitting a lot of winners too, and more winners! Very brutal and scary display from Halep.

Small Romanian beast aggressor, she's like a Taz... Do you know "Mike Tyson" Taz from Looney Tunes?

Best 2020 match of Simona and playing like a champion.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Way too many errors from Brady plus bad matchup = destruction

Halep was excellent this match for sure, and she will be the favourite in the final.

·
Registered
84,354 Posts
Great match from the top seed.

·
Premium Member
38,285 Posts
Halep is the step to cross for Brady. You could see how much Halep could make her move, especially on her backhand side. Jennifer didn't find the time to adjust her shots. The scheme was the same as the AO: second set was an implosion.

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
shame she got bagelled last set, after her wins. But this semi final is worst type of preparation for next opponent. From a basher to a trickster

·
Registered
84,354 Posts

·
Registered
84,354 Posts

·
Registered
30,963 Posts
It must be fun for Simona to play in front of this amazing crowd ! Well done to her for getting through again and hopefully she can show up for the final tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I don't think she's gonna be the favorite. I think It will be in Rybakina's racquet.
Of course she is. Simona is not the kind of player who can hit off the court. When she plays at her best she uses depth and angles that suffocate even the best BBBs to the point that they don't even try. See Wimbledon final for example. Even peak for peak Simona is favorite in this matchup.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Amazing match from Simona. I hope she wins the title tomorrow. She hasn’t won many titles as of late, so it will be nice, if she ends her title drought tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Expected 2 sets win for Simona today... still I'm kind of surprised Brady didn't try more. She came on court with an empty tank but I know her to be a relentless fighter who doesn't give up till the very last ball, no matter the scoreline is.

Simona cruised but I can't figure a complete and rigurous image about her real level right now. Today her gassed opponent didn't challanged her atall.
In the final she will face the same kind of player in terms of fatigue but Rybakina can bring much more quality on court.
Let's wait and see...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts