Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Weird match. Something is really wrong for Belinda. Her game from 6-1, 1-0 with a break up went downhill including her attitude. In contrary, Pav picked up her game nicely blasting winners left and right.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
wadafaaaaak :hysteric:
Pav looked like sleeping for 1 set and 1 game, lost 19 points in a row from start to 0-4 0-40 and behind 1-6 0-1*
but then suddenly woke up and completely overpowered Belinda

·
Registered
84,276 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
A wonderful WTA score. Belinda won the first 19 points, I thought we were getting a golden set. Defending champion ousted as second serves were punished, and winners started whizzing past her.

·
Registered
30,959 Posts
Saraya when did you become a bot who posts every single tweet/WTA video? It's annoying how threads are getting overrun by these links and embedded videos everywhere; if people wanted to see them they would go to twitter or the WTA site.

I only saw from the second set on but Pavlyuchenkova was devastating. Why she has not accomplished more in her career has always been a mystery to me, and matches like this one further that confusion, but maybe she can finally take things to the next level with this form she's showing lately (only the 128328943th time people have thought that though).

·
Registered
84,276 Posts
Saraya when did you become a bot who posts every single tweet/WTA video? It's annoying how threads are getting overrun by these links and embedded videos everywhere; if people wanted to see them they would go to twitter or the WTA site.

I only saw from the second set on but Pavlyuchenkova was devastating. Why she has not accomplished more in her career has always been a mystery to me, and matches like this one further that confusion, but maybe she can finally take things to the next level with this form she's showing lately (only the 128328943th time people have thought that though).
It is allowed to post three tweets/videos in one post and for more in one post use the spoiler. so what?

·
Registered
29,890 Posts
Pavlyuchenkova was tragic in the first set but really stepped it up in the next two sets. Good to see that she's not completely disappearing again after the AO. Maybe Sumyk can finally help her at getting more consistent.

Just like Svitolina, Bencic had a poor start to the year and is not playing Top 10 tennis at the moment.

·
Always and forever.
33,710 Posts
Sad to see Belinda so miserable on a tennis court. Something has to change but I don't know what. She hits too many unforced errors on easy shots, without hitting really hard, her serve is just gone.. Crisis time for Beli. :( I think she can bounce back, but this start of the year is not ideal..

Great job Nastya

·
Registered
30,959 Posts
It is allowed to post three tweets/videos in one post and for more in one post use the spoiler. so what?

I don't care what's allowed, I care what I come here to see. The point of this site is to be a discussion board from actual people, not a promo page for the WTA's stupid videos. And when the pages get slowed down and spammed by videos all over the place it's annoying.

·
Registered
84,276 Posts
I don't care what's allowed, I care what I come here to see. The point of this site is to be a discussion board from actual people, not a promo page for the WTA's stupid videos. And when the pages get slowed down and spammed by videos all over the place it's annoying.
That is your problem not mine.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
She could be out of the top 10 if she loses early in IW? ?

The only encouraging thing is that she’s found herself in strong positions vs two quality opponents, not getting destroyed in straights ect. Sakkari and inform Pavly.

Hard to say if it’s panic stations yet.

She looks slower on defence since start of the year, not moving particularly well.

I'm a fan of Pavly and you have to give her credit too, played exceptionally well. Very determined too, It was a rough draw for Belinda tbh. Pavly clearly in form after AO.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That was a very short stay at #4 for Belinda. Down to #9 after this tournament.

Bianca back at #4 without even stepping on court this year, and only Sonya can overcome her.

·
Registered
84,276 Posts
Saraya!
Thanks for porting these videos. it's great to have all the info in one place.
You are welcome..I will continue..it belongs in the result threads...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Peak WTA match lol. Bencic has been a mess this year. Pavs OTOH did what she does best, wild swings of form within the same match.

Not a good day for previous Dubai winners. Maybe if Bencic and Svitolina play against each other, one of them will get a win :p

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
A scoreline to die for. Just over an hour and a half for a 3-setter, and it would have been under that if Pavs hadn't taken so long to win the final game.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sad to see Belinda so miserable on a tennis court. Something has to change but I don't know what. She hits too many unforced errors on easy shots, without hitting really hard, her serve is just gone.. Crisis time for Beli. :( I think she can bounce back, but this start of the year is not ideal..

Great job Nastya
I think confidence is a key now for Belinda. She hits short mid-court balls all the times these days waiting to be punished easily by her opponent and when she tried to hit aggressive shots, she lacks confidence to do so resulting in unforced errors. It’s like she doesn’t know what her game plan is now.

I feel that this is as far as her dad and her bf trainer can take her to. She hasn’t improved anything game-wise and attitude-wise. She might need an additional someone in her team now to improve those areas.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts